RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.
2990473

i wanna buy an apple mac in the next 5 days as there is a ...

i wanna buy an apple mac in the next 5 days as there is a government subsidy on any computer purchase and i m asking for your assistance so i buy the best mac for my requirements. i am a sound engineer and s dance music producer and artist manager and i need a very powerful mac that is easy to transport for travelling like a laptop or an i mac and i need it with the best music specifications as in soundcard with digital out and in and possibly an XLR output and input, i need a very high end-tech professional soundcard , if you don''t provide it in the mac i would like to make sure that i can add an external soundcard to it. and i also need a big scrren like a 24 inch.
You probably want a MacBookPro (laptop) or 24" iMac then.

They both have digital audio input/output (you just need to get a mini-jack adapter).

Make sure you put lots of RAM (memory) in it. This will probably be the biggest factor that will make the computer feel faster. You can buy Apple's RAM, or if you can do it yourself, check out www.dealram.com for better prices.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html
http://www.apple.com/imac/specs/

The 24-inch iMac is basically the same computer as the laptop, but has a faster processor option.

With both, you can connect a second monitor if you need it. Buy a third party LCD monitor, Apple's are over-priced.

As for XLR output/input, I don't know how one would do this: but search google for "Mac xlr".

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Which third party lcd monitor do you suggest me?
That's hard to say.

Each LCD model is different, even from the same manufacturer. There really is no great manufacturer like there used to be with CRT monitors or TVs (ie: Sony and ViewSonic). Also there are so many manufacturers make LCD screens now too.

Currently I have a 20" wide screen from Benq and a 19" Samsung. Both seem to be good.

Dell often has great deals on monitors. http://www.dealmac.com is also a great place to find deals on monitors.

If you care a lot about the color quality, then either go to a store and try them out (take some pictures on a CD or flash drive so you can compare) or find a good deal online and then search for some reviews of that model.

Also get a monitor that has a DVI connector and note that you may need to buy a DVI to DVI-mini adapter for the computer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You can buy Apple's RAM, or if you can do it yourself, check out www.dealram.com for better prices.

WHAT DO U MEAN MAKE IT MYSELF??
Sorry, I mean if you are comfortable installing it yourself you can buy it from a third party and install it yourself.