Kate, Computer Support Technician
Experience:  I learned on a MAC, use MAC in the course of my work, & regularly assist other users with problems.

Is there anywhere I can get a download or copy of Microsoft ...

Customer Question

Is there anywhere I can get a download or copy of Microsoft Word 5.1a? My installer is corrupted and I can''t install the spellcheck utility. I have a iMac and like to run this version of MSW on the classic screen. Thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kate replied 8 years ago.

The easiest way to install is to copy the entire folder from a working application to the new machine. This software is now about 16 years old, so it's not easy to find. You could try posting in some MAC forums or advertising on eBay for a copy. Short of finding someone who has it, I think you're out of luck.

You might try using Open Office if you can't get Word 5.1a.

Good Luck!

If you don't find this information useful, please do not accept.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, no, this was not helpful at all. I realize it's old and I have a backup copy of the requested software, but the installer disk is corrupted and my computer refuses to use it. I did not even find a copy on eBay.
However, I found a program that checks spelling just like MSW Spellcheck, so I am now able to do what I need to do.

Barbara Barrier