RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.

Hi. I have been having some pretty annoying issues with my ...

Customer Question

Hi. I have been having some pretty annoying issues with my IMAC powerpc G5. I have upgraded it to 2 gigs of ram, it is 2.0gh, running OS X 10.5.3 ad a beautiful machine. However about 2 weeks ago i started noticing a "stutter" in some of the processes and the spinning wheel would pop up. I didn't have time to troubleshoot it at the time as i was going on a trip. Now it is almost unusable (maybe a little melodramatic), or at least unusable to a person who expects a quick moving machine that gets results. about every other line I try to type or every time i try to click a link it stops responding and i get the spinning wheel. It hangs anywhere from 2 secs to 30 or 45 secs, maybe a minute. all the while I'm just waiting for it to catch up. I have tried basic troubleshooting (i think). I installed and ran onyx, etc.. what next? can you please help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
If you have a spare hard drive or partition, try installing a clean copy of OS X on it and try running from that clean copy. If the clean copy works, you have a software/install problem, if the clean copy doesn't work, you have a hardware problem.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I HAD ALREADY FIXED THE ISSUE by the time this question was answered. Thanks though
Glad you got it fixed. What was the fix?