Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Please tell me where I can classes :
Getting started on your Mac
Mac 101
without taking the entire one to one course that Mac has designed. I am a business owner and I am not always available on your schedule.

Starlite Engraving/Sandblasting
Chester, NY

Thank you.

Do you have an Apple store near you?

What sort of things are you wanting to learn on your mac?

Let us know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I have an Apple store that is convenient for me to go to for class lessons in Woodcliff Lake , NJ in the Tice Mall complex. The problem is that I have been told that if I do not take the complete One to One training which cost $99 dollars, and theirschedule, that I am NOT allowed various segments at my convenience. It is not the dollar amount as opposed to my schedule and need to use the Macbook Pro that I purchased specifically for my business.

Since when does Apple (demand) this of their customers?

The Apple OneToOne training is not subject to any restrictions, All you should have to do is pay the one time fee and then you can schedule one hour per week to work on any subject that you choose at whatever time you schedule.

This is one of the things that make the Apple stores unique as you can train and learn at your pace not theirs.

OneToOne information can be found here

Let us know if you need more info.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Claws224's Post: Thank you for yur imput Eric, you've been very helpful. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Roger Buggle

Thanks Roger,

Thanks for the ccept and If you need some guides or online basics let me know what you are wishing to learn and I may be able to offer some links for you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Eric-

What I need to do is the One on One training. I wasn't aware that:
- Getting started on you Mac
- Mac 101
Class sessions are not always available and that I actually have to wait for a specific day as outlined by the Tice Corner Mac store. I was able to set upset the registration with Mac and install the Wireless Mouse and Airpot Extreme. I can connect to the internet and email, but what I need to know are the rest of the basics going from an older Compaq desk top to the Macbook Pro to find my way around. At this point in time things are still difficult for me.

Roger Buggle

We need some light reading to teach you mac, This site by Apple will give you some movies to watch so you can get a grip with some basic questions and a good overview of some of the applications

From there if you give me an idea of some other things you wish to concentrate on such as mail, web browsing etc I will see if I can give yu some other sites or documents.