Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have an ibook G3. it works well. but now the power is ...

Customer Question

I have an ibook G3. it works well. but now the power is not working and there is not the green/XXXXX XXXXXght at the connection. any ideas. the battery isn''t charged but the computer doesn''t work when plugged in.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Cany you tell us if the machine worked when you noticed the power connector would not light or did all the lights go out at the same time?

Do you or a friend have any kind of multimeter or electrical test equipment?

Let us know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Claws224's Post: The machine worked off the battery when I noticed the light. the battery was not charging. I am guessing it is a bad power cord. I do not have anyone with any type of electrical checks