Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Desktop not working corectly.

Customer Question

iMac G4 Mac OS 10.3.9 URL Safari and Firefox--Local Hawaiian Telcome
Desktop will not accept downloads and will accept my word projects. I get the "You do not have permission" notice.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My Mac OS 10.3.9 is not working--it won't accept downloads
Expert:  Flagbridge-MAC replied 8 years ago.
Are the downloads from a particular site?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
NO. Anything I try to download from the net has to be saved on the hard directly. Anything I do in Word will not be savable on the deaktop, it has to directly to the hard drive. Anything I try to put on the desktop gets deleted.
     Could, by chance, be related to the "root" administrator file that I don't know how to enter? I did trash the old Mac OS 10.3.9. and installed new copy of it--problen is still there
Please confirm that you are trying to save items to the desktop and it is givng you an error, however you can save the items to other folders. Correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Have you lost me again. I get 'you don't have enough priviledges' and/or 'the desktop cannot be modified.' My computer refuses to put anything on the desktop.
     Allen
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can put downloads anywhere but the desktop. Allen