John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I am using Camino Version XXXXXXXXXX (1.0+) on ...

I am using Camino Version XXXXXXXXXX (1.0+) on my Mac OS 10.4.9would like to know what this pop up dialogue box message means.

The certificate for “webmail adelphia.net” has expired on Thursday May 22, 2008 and is therefore invalid.
Connecting to this site (my Camino email box) could put your personal information at risk.
Issued by Equifax Secure Global eBusiness CA-1
Thanks,
Janet [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

The main cause of this error is wrong system date. Make sure that the system date on your computer date is set correctly and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: What is the system date? Where do I go to to see is that is set correctly and or change it.
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

In the Mac OS the date and time settings should be in the System Preferences. If you cannot find the settings let me know and I will provide you with detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: My system date and time settings are correct.
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

Is this the page you are trying to access? (note: if you click on the Check Email icon it will take you to the webpail sign in page)

http://adelphia.net/index.php

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: No, I'm using a Mozilla browser, Camino Version(NNN) NNN-NNNN(1.0+) because I don't like to have to wade through the advertisments to get to my email.
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

If your system date is correct, then the expired certificates message is most likely caused by a problem with the site you are trying to access. You can confirm this by signing in to other secure sites and see if you get a similar message.

You can also try using another browser to access the site, clear your browsers cache and cookies, lower its security settings, and reboot your computer. If none of these resolves the problem you my need to contact the site itself.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: Thank you so much!Customer
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

You're very welcome. If you found the answers helpful don't forget to click the green Accept button.. If not, no problem. Good luck and thanks for using Just Answer.