RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.
2990473

I have a mac and I am trying to open a TIFF file from the ...

I have a mac and I am trying to open a TIFF file from the internet. my computer keeps opening it in quicktime, but I want to open it in photoshop. How do I do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
There are two ways to do this:

1: Drag the file onto the Photoshop application or open Photoshop and use the "File->Open" menu to open the file.

2: Make the file always open with Photoshop:

Locate and select (single click on it) the file in your Finder.

Then select the menu "File->Get Info..."

This will bring an information window for the file.

About half way down the window will be a section called "Open with:" (click on the triangle next to it if you need to)

There should be a drop-down list that you can select the application to use to open the file with.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RoeIncarnate's Post: the file doesn't appear in my Finder. I click on the link and it opens up a new tab titled, openobj.EXE (image/tiff OBJECT)and it tries to run it in quicktime.
When you click on the link, hold down the option key. This will download the file. You can then open it as suggested above.

However, if the file ends with .exe, it is probably not a TIFF. .exe is the suffix for windows applications and maybe a virus for PCs.