David L.
David L., Writer
Experience:  20+ years writing research, tech, white papers, and more
13852270

This Question is for L please! Linux Implementation Proposal

Customer Question

This Question is for David L please !Linux Implementation Proposal
Linx, LLC. has a new research and development group - LSDG. All systems in LSDG will run the Linux operating system and will access resources, as well as share resources, with Linx, LLC.’s Microsoft Active Directory domain. The domain consists of several Windows Server 2012 R2 servers running various services (Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, web services, printing and file services).
Linx, LLC. also has around 500 client operating system desktops/laptops that run Windows 7 and Windows XP. There is a mix of desktop and laptop systems.
Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows 7:
Processor: Intel Core i3 Second Generation
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard Drive: 350GB
Network Card: 10/100/1000 Mbps
USB Ports: 4 USB 2.0
Monitor: 20inch LCD
Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows XP:
Processor: Intel Core 2
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Drive: 80GB
Network Card: 10/100 Mbps
USB Ports: 4 USB 2.0
Monitor: 15inch LCD
Your boss wants you to come up with a proposal to replace all Windows XP systems with Linux. You will implement the Linux variant specified by your instructor.
Requirements
The final submission should contain at least 5 to 7 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations that may be used), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 7 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required.
You must turn this assignment to both the assignment area within our LEO classroom as well as to the TurnItIn website. Failure to do so may result in point deductions. Follow the TurnItIn instructions provided within the class.
You must address the following in your proposal and may make any assumptions which are not specified:
• Research and justify whether LSDG will use existing computer hardware that is being used with the Windows XP systems, or if new hardware will be required.
• Plan for migration from Windows XP to Linux.
• Determine the hardware to be used and the installation options.
• How will users log onto the systems? Explain.
• How will systems receive IP addresses? Explain.
• How will DNS be accessed by the LSDG systems? Explain.
• Explain how files on the network may be accessed by LSDG.
• Explain how LSDG can securely share files within their group and other selected groups/users in the company.
• How will printing be handled? Explain.
• What, if any, data will be encrypted? Explain.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  David L. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

By when do you need this project completed?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi David,
Thanks for your quick response. By the 30th of this month, firmly by the 2nd of October. Thanks so much,
Rosanna
Expert:  David L. replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good - working on it now.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi David,
Good to know you are on it. Thanks a lot !!
Rossana
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David,
Good day! Hope all is well. Just checking on your progress. Have a nice day,
Rossana
Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for checking in. All is on track.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for the late notice however due to an urgent family matter I had to step away from the computer yesterday and will not be able to finish up until tomorrow or Sunday. Would it be possible to get an extension?

Thank you,

David.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry for your unforeseen emergency. I think Sunday will be ok. Counting seriously on you.
Thanks
Rosanna
Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Hello - I will be back this evening so will be able to post it on Sunday. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David,
Hope all is well. Still waiting on the project. What possible new date can you deliver, please.
Rosanna
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David,
Why this silence? You should at least give me some assurances so I can know how to make excuses. You know I already missed the dateline n already facing some expectation of a penalty. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks
Bila
Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry again for the delay. Almost finished. Aiming to complete it tonight.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. Please click the link below to download the report:

click here

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David,
the download format doesn't work with me. Can u pls resend using another format ? Anxiously waiting
Thanks
Rosanna
Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry I missed your message this morning. I will be back to my computer shortly and will save it in a different format then repost.

Thank you again for your patience.

David.

Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

I made some changes and saved the document and uploaded it again. Please click the link below to download the report:

click here

Please let me know if you have any trouble opening and viewing the report after download.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Just checking to confirm that you were able to download and view the report. I re-saved it and uploaded the re-saved document to resolve the corruption issue so hopefully you are now able to open and view the report.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David ,
Yes I was able to download and about to submit. Thanks so much
Rosanna
Expert:  David L. replied 4 months ago.

Very good - thanks for letting me know.

Also, just letting you know that things are back on track for me. Sorry you were impacted by the circumstances that came up.

Thanks,

David.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions