judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Essay Lesson 7: Comparison and Contrast Objectives: For this

Customer Question

Essay Lesson 7: Comparison and Contrast Objectives: For this exam, students will ■ Use the writing process to draft and revise a comparison and contrast essay ■ Write an effective thesis statement ■ Identify, define, and analyze literary elements ■ Develop critical reading skills ■ Use responsible research methods to locate appropriate secondary sources ■ Use Modern Language Association (MLA) citation and documentation style to reference secondary source material correctly and appropriately Introduction For decades, the film industry has adapted beloved books into movies. When a book is adapted into a film, the story reaches a wider audience and provides a new perspective on the text. In this assignment, you will use comparison and contrast techniques to reveal the ways the plot, characters, and theme of a story are impacted as elements of the narrative change. Topic: To compare and contrast a book and a film based on that book Purpose: To show how the changes made affect the story’s plot, characters, and theme in significant ways Method: ■ To prepare an outline or graphic organizer that will serve as the foundation for an 1,800–2,000 word comparison and contrast essay ■ To begin the research process by preparing a bibliography in Modern Language Association citation and documentation format that consists of at least six sources ■ 2 primary sources: the book and the film ■ 4 secondary sources: book and film reviews, critiques, articles about the book and film, profiles of the author and/or the director and actors that focus on the content of the work. Audience: Junior and senior-level distance education students enrolled at Penn Foster College The Writing Process Plan and Prewrite 1. Watch the Comparison and Contrast lecture notes video on your student portal. This video reviews the essay requirements and comparison and contrast techniques. 2. Read the book and watch the film you’ve chosen to write about. 3. Develop the content for your outline/graphic organizer by freewriting about the changes you’ve noticed. Review pages 366–369 of your textbook and identify a few bases of comparison: a. Are there scenes omitted or added? How does this affect the sequence of events? b. What is the central conflict of the book? The film? How do the author and the director present the conflict? Are the stakes higher in one or the other? c. Is the main character’s personality different in the film? How is it different? How does it affect the way we understand his/her character? i. Is the narrator of the story the same? Does any element of the story change because we can’t be in the narrator’s head at all times? How does this change our understanding of the characters or the story? d. How is theme revealed throughout the book and the film? 4. Now that you’ve compared and contrasted the book and the film, freewrite on what the significance of these changes are to help you develop your ideas for the thesis statement. 5. Work through the Guided Writing Assignment for Comparison and Contrast prewriting on page 381 of your textbook. This assignment will help you determine your purpose and focus for your comparison and contrast essay. Research 1. The book and the film are your primary sources and count as two sources in your bibliography and toward the research requirement for your essay. Be sure that you have carefully noted where you found them, either online or in a physical copy/in print. 2. You’ll need a minimum of four other sources. These sources can be reviews, articles, and interviews related to the book and film. 3. Go to the library. Your Penn Foster digital library provides resources that will help you to meet the research requirements for your essay, but keep in mind that research in a library, even a digital one, isn’t like searching online. To learn more, visit the Penn Foster Library site. Use Expanded Academic ASAP, which is a subscription-only database available in Penn Foster’s digital library. You can access the database by clicking on the Library Services link in your Student Portal. See the “Academic Support and Online Resources” section in the introduction to this study guide. 4. Search online, but remember that you’ll need to evaluate your sources carefully; review pages 569–573 in your textbook. The following are examples of quality sources. a. Reviews by book and film critics b. Interviews with the author and/or the director and actors c. Profiles by journalists and other professional writers Prepare Your Outline/Graphic Organizer You may choose to submit either a formal outline or a graphic organizer for this assignment. Your outline or graphic organizer should be sufficiently detailed to illustrate your plan for your essay. It should be as detailed as possible. Reread page 144–146 in your textbook on graphic organizers and outlines. 1. This assignment (both prewriting and essay) requires you analyze the significance of the differences between the book and the film. Please review pages 372–374 in your tex
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 8 months ago.

Hi, it's Bethany again. I thought I'd go ahead and snag this one as well, just in case you decided I was the expert to go with. Just let me know and I will opt out if you decide otherwise.I completely understand. This one is particularly difficult and involved. It is $160 for the outline with the same stipulations as on the first one I 'spoke' with you about. That covers the outline and two revisions as long as they do not involve a complete change of instructions or focus from the professor. (Remember, I've worked with clients with this professor before. She is NOTORIOUSLY picky.) If this posting was also intended to be for the essay, let me know and I will give you a value for the essay as well. I look forward to hearing back from you!!

Bethany

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

its expensive to all of them to do all you asking me $460 i cannot afford it

Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 8 months ago.

I do apologize for the expense, but all combined, the outlines and essays are, to put it mildly, a substantial amount of work. The values I charge run well under minimum wage for the time I spend on the projects as it is. I hope you understand, but if you are not able to continue due to the expense to you, just let me know and I will opt out and open the question to other experts.

Bethany

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

please i dont have much money i only can pay so much as i can afford it so if you are will to help with reasonable a mouth i will do appreciating but it you cannot i so understand it to sure give someone alse on opportunity to help me if you cannot do it

Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 8 months ago.

Manny,

I do understand what it's like to not have much money to spend, I've been there. I actually have this job to help my family make ends meet. That is one reason I have to set values that are realistic for the amount of work I have to put into the projects. The best I can do is to offer you the same 10% discount I offered for the other question. That would bring it down to $144 to cover the outline only. Again, if you want to do the research yourself and send it to me for use in constructing the project, I could probably do a bit lower on the value. Remember, however, that it requires at least 6 carefully chosen references with very specific information. I usually end up with closer to 10 sources when I am doing the research myself. The ones you provide would have to be workable sources that met the criteria or I would have to ask you to go back and locate additional sources before I could begin. Let me know what you want to do.

Bethany

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bethany i really do appreciated you intent help i wish i could do it but i just cannot i have four Essays to get done i dont have $400+ for all thank you for your help will find someone else i have no much money at all wish i had, again thank you

PS: Would you open the Questions (Essay) for other Expert to help me please.

let me see if i can find someone else up here

Regards,

Manny Cruz

Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 8 months ago.

I'm so sorry that we will not be able to work together. Especially as I really am very familiar with the assignments. Before I opt out, since I really try to work with my clients, especially when financial difficulties are involved. (Been there) let me ask you one more thing. As you stated, there are four essays, approximately of 2.500 words or a bit less, three of which need accompanying outlines. That's basically seven significantly long assignments. My question is this: What is the absolute top offer you feel you can make to have each of them done? (separate offers please, as that is how JA will accept them)

Bethany

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

same $80 please help me let me know

Manny Cruz

Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry. Even if you were willing and able to place the value at $80 each (total of $560) I would be unable to go that low. There is a massive amount of time and work that go into these particular projects. I will opt out. Perhaps you will be able to find an expert willing to take on the work.

Regretfully,

Bethany

Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 8 months ago.

Dear Manny,

It is Donna Kakonge again. I can help you with this essay. I am good with essays. I am going to make you an offer for this question because the current payout is way too low for an essay that would be a maximum of 2,000 words. If you accept my offer, I will start the work. If not, perhaps we can negotiate a price for this particular question that you can afford and once we are on agreement for a fair price, then I will proceed.

I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend and the offer will follow this message.

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

will get back to you

Dear Manny,

OK, thank you. If you have an offer that you would want to propose, then we can work something out.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

sure but how long will take you to work on this project

Dear Manny,

I can have it done by today. I would need to send you an offer that we both agree upon.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Dear Manny,

I can have it done - all of your assignments but priced individually - by 11:00 p.m. EDT.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok sure but lets do this in very processional way i do want a quality papers so let we do start from the beginning would you start from assignment one wish is (ESSAY 5 Definition Expressing What you mean).

let negotiating this essay if we do agree you star form this e we go on its fear to you ?

MANNY CRUZ

Dear Manny,

The first thing you must do is to accept my offer. I will make it again to you from Essay 5.

Kindest regards,

Donna

P.S. Once you accept, then I will proceed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i only can afford $80 USA its only i can do

i have some people try to help but i dont hear from them from days so i dont know

Dear Manny,

OK. I will offer you $80 for each assignment. No problem. That works for me too. Thank you. I will make the offer again on Essay 5.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok cool

Dear Manny,

OK. I have made the offer for Essay 5. I will await your reply to my questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

the offer you send to me is $132.54

Dear Manny,

Please read my message on Essay 5 prior to this message. This should sort everything out and we can get started shortly.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

you are all over the place let we talk on the Essay number 5

you send me messages on the number 7 for the 5

please use the right Essay to talk about and me on the offer there of $80 for me to be able to accept it

Dear Manny,

I must respond to the messages that YOU send or they remain in my cue.

Thank you,

Donna

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok send me the offer then i haven't got yet

please remain the offer is for the Essay number 5

Dear Manny,

If you choose to, you need to reject each of my offers so I can opt out of each of your questions so they can go back to the message board for another expert to receive.

Thanks,

Donna

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i dont know what you are doing we are not at same page i do want one by one i do want you send me ONLY number 5 offer Essay 5 when you send to me the essay we move to next i dont want to accept all of them once as i send there is other people up there to helping me so i dont want to accept two people at same time i will pay one by one the number have i havent sign to nobody yet if i do good you move on

if you like that let do it if not its fine to me too

Manny Cruz

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions