judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!

Is there a way I can attach my essay college English

Customer Question

Is there a way I can attach my essay for my college English 102 class for you to look over. It is a research paper that kind of has to be in our own words using 4 resources to back up claim. I am doing it on if you know anything about this story Kate Chopin's story "The Storm" and focus on relationships and feminst theory. I need some help for you to look it over, because I am having so much trouble and I don't want to receive a zero for it but I showed what I had so far a few days ago to my instructor he said it would receive a zero because of plagarism, I don't know the correct way on how to get out of using plagarism so if you could if there is a way I could email you a copy and see if you could give me suggestions to avoid me using plagarism in my paper.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Hello! I may be able to help you with your answer! When do you need your project completed and what ideas do you have about your essay? I am delighted to help you with your analysis--I know this novel well!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just attached to here my current essay, it has to be a total of 7 pages long in length not including the works cited page, and in MLA format. So if possible when you have time to look over what I have written and give me some advice, and hopefully respond with some excellent responses or changes I should make to make it better, I would need it soon if possible.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! I am happy to help with this! I will try to have an answer for you later today, Friday, but it could be Sunday. Would that be too late? I look forward to working with you! :)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes that will be too late.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
OK...I will work on this today! Give me just a little while :)
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Hello, again! I am so sorry--but since you need your edit so quickly, I am afraid I must opt out so that another expert can work with you on this. I apologize, but I wish you best of luck with your project!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you send my paper to a new writer?
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Hello, again! I did, but I do worry about your not getting help in time...I did look over your text
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
And I can offer suggestions
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
If that would help?
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Let me offer some advice, which I hope will help. First, in regard to plagiarism, make very sure that you provide parenthetical citations for EVERY source you use. I saw many direct quotes that did not have a citation. In MLA, the citation will include the author's last name and, for direct quotes, the page numbers on which the quoted material appears. But you must provide a parenthetical citation even when you summarize or paraphrase source material, not just when you quote. In addition to the in-text citation, you have to include a full MLA citation, with complete publication information, in the Works Cited page. Also, no more than 20-25% of your essay's content should come from sources, even when properly cited. The rest must be your own ideas, presented in your own words.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
In regard to the content, you're off to a great start! Just make sure to stay on topic. Remember that your focus is on themes of feminism and sexuality in "The Storm." Be sure to cut ANYTHING that doesn't directly address those issues. There's no need to focus on things like Chopin's biography unless you connect those elements directly to "The Storm" and a theme of sexuality or feminism. For example, you could argue that the adultery question reflects Chopin's own experience as a young bride coopted into an unhappy marriage. Otherwise, remain focused on the story itself.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Try to organize the points you intend to make in regard to these issues. For example, you might discuss the requirement that women marry early in life, often for the purposes of securing economic stability for themselves and their families, and you could look at how this leads to the temptation for adultery in the story....Then you might look at issues of women's sexuality. In this time period, women's sexuality was considered very dangerous. It was thought that if women's sexuality was not tightly controlled by men, the women would spiral out of control, becoming promiscuous. This is dangerous, of course, because that could men that men might never know if their children were their own. This could be devastating socially, but it could also be devastating economically, especially in regard to issues of property inheritance.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
We also know at this time, as you touched on so well in your essay, that women were under the power of the man. They did not have the right to vote or own property. Their only role was as wife and mother, which is why women were expected to be so nurturing and submissive. So for a woman to pursue her own desires, sexual or otherwise, outside of her marriage was pretty radical. After all, a woman was not even supposed to HAVE desires outside of her home, marriage, and motherhood.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
The Storm, as you suggested so well, symbolizes both sexual desire and emotional turmoil. The turmoil of the storm can also extend beyond the characters' emotions onto the social level because, as we've seen, a woman who has sex outside of marriage threatens the social order. She upsets the supposed stability of marriage, and risks bearing children whose paternity is uncertain.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 5 months ago.
Does that make sense? I hope this helps! I will be checking in as often as I can, so if you have any other questions or if I can help at all, please let me know. I hope this was helpful!!

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions