judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Unit IV Article Critique The purpose of this assignment is

Customer Question

Unit IV Article Critique
The purpose of this assignment is to investigate professional journals in the field of fire prevention of interest to you. The objective of your critique is to find an article and compare the information in the article to what you have been learning in class. Critique the article in terms of how the information within the article supports or disproves material that you have learned in this course. Please include the following topics in your critique of the selected article:
 a brief introduction and overview of the article,
 a description of how the article either supports or disproves material in the course,  your point of view, and
 a summarization of your thoughts and suggestions in support of your opinion.
The selected article should not be more than four years old. You are encouraged to utilize the Research Databases found in the CSU Online Library located in the Course Menu. These databases will allow you to quickly search through thousands of journal articles. Students can access this information, as well as other CSU Online Library resources by selecting the My Library button located in the Course Menu.
The completed assignment should be no more than two pages in length, and should include the article link in the reference. CSU requires that students use the APA format in writing course papers; therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources must be followed.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

I can possibly help but I need more information.

Do you have the article?

Professional journals in the field of prevention that interest you---can you please give example of that?

Compare the information in the to article what you have been learning in class---I need briefs o what you have been learning in class.

Please advise too when do you need the paper?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fire Safety inspection procedures
Fire reporting procedures
Legal and moral responsibilities of fire inspectors
organization with primary fire prevention functions
need in 24hours
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Do you have article for this critique.

What is the difference of this from that Unit VIII Article critique?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not for this one.
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

I currently not using the phone feature but its okay.

I just want to know the textbook you use please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
UNIT VIII must relate to Fire Prevention through arson suppression:
-motives for arson
-Investigation of suspected Arson
International Practices in Fire Prevention
-causes of fires
rural fires
comparison of number of fires. - comparison of losses per fire
Fire prevention ResearchFire prevention Research
-Smoking Regulations Signs
-Enforcement of Fire Laws
-N.I.S.T
High -Risk-Area Research
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Ok, and your textbook used in that class?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I made a mistake this is the article review for IV.Unit IV Project
Perform a critical review of the following NIOSH Publication:
Cheung, Z., Feletto, M., Galante, J., & Waters, T. (2007). Ergonomic guidelines for manual material handling (DHHS [NIOSH] Publication No. 2007-131). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2007-131/pdfs/2007-131.pdf
Click here to access a PDF of the NIOSH Publication No. 2007-131.
You must specifically summarize and analyze the following information in the indicated NIOSH publication:
 Engineering and administrative improvements
 Proactive action plan
 The three improvement options mentioned in the publication
However, you may also discuss any other topics you find interesting in publication. The project must include, at minimum, the following components:
1. Introduction
2. Engineering and Administrative Improvements
3. Proactive Action Plan
4. Improvement Options
5. Summary of your own opinions and comments on what you learned from the publication.
Instructions
Your answer to this assignment must be three to five pages, double spaced, and 12 point font (separate title page and reference page are not included in the page length). CSU requires that students use APA style for papers and projects. Therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed. A document titled “Citation Guide” is available for you to download in the Learning Resources area of the myCSU Student Portal. It may also be accessed from the Student Resources link on the Course Menu of Blackboard.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please disregard the last project IV, this if for ergonomic class. I may submit this one later. i need the Fire article critiques first, sorry for the confusion. i am trying to complete all assignments before tuesday.
Thanks
 Proactive action plan
1. Introduction
3. Proactive Action Plan
4. Improvement Options
Instructions
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Book is INTRODUCTION TO FIRE PREVENTION, JAMES C. ROBERTSON 2010
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Ok, so we do not need one for now.

I have to work on that Unit VIII only, right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unit IV Article Critique
The completed assignment should be no more than two pages in length, and should include the article link in the reference. CSU requires that students use the APA format in writing course papers; therefore, the APA rules for formatting, q
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

You need just one fire prevention critique, right?

If so, this post must be closed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Viii only
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Ok, you may request this post closed.

Thanks.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions