Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

, Yes I have a Linux implementation proposal I need

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is Will
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I have a Linux implementation proposal I need completed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Long Paper (3+ pages) Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Linux Implementation ProposalRavenTech, LLC. has a new research and development group - LORL. All systems in LORL will run the Linux operating system and will access resources, as well as share resources, with RavenTech, LLC.’s Microsoft Active Directory domain. The domain consists of several Windows Server 2012 R2 servers running various services (Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, web services, printing and file services). RavenTech, LLC. also has around 500 client operating system desktops/laptops that run Windows 7 and Windows XP. There is a mix of desktop and laptop systems. Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows 7:Processor: Intel Core i3 Second GenerationMemory: 4GB RAMHard Drive: 350GBNetwork Card: 10/100/1000 MbpsUSB Ports: 4 USB 2.0Monitor: 20inch LCD Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows XP:Processor: Intel Core 2Memory: 2GB RAMHard Drive: 80GBNetwork Card: 10/100 MbpsUSB Ports: 4 USB 2.0Monitor: 15inch LCD Your boss wants you to come up with a proposal to replace all Windows XP systems with Linux. You will implement the Linux variant specified by your instructor. RequirementsThe final submission should contain at least 5 to 7 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations that may be used), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 7 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required. You must turn this assignment to both the assignment area within our LEO classroom as well as to the TurnItIn website. Failure to do so may result in point deductions. Follow the TurnItIn instructions provided within the class. You must address the following in your proposal and may make any assumptions which are not specified: • Research and justify whether LORL will use existing computer hardware that is being used with the Windows XP systems, or if new hardware will be required.• Plan for migration from Windows XP to Linux. • Explain how some windows services can interact with Linux services during the transition (e.g. printing, DNS, authentication, etc). • Determine the hardware to be used and the installation options.• How will users log onto the systems? Explain.• How will systems receive IP addresses? Explain.• How will DNS be accessed by the LORL systems? Explain.• Explain how files on the network may be accessed by LORL.• Explain how LORL can securely share files within their group and other selected groups/users in the company.• How will central authentication be handled in the Linux enviornment. • How will printing be handled? Explain.• What, if any, data will be encrypted? Explain. I need it in done by Dec 5
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this proposal to be plagiarism free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again I need this done by Dec 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Linux Implementation Proposal (revised question)RavenTech, LLC. has a new research and development group - LORL. All systems in LORL will run the Linux operating system and will access resources, as well as share resources, with RavenTech, LLC.’s Microsoft Active Directory domain.The domain consists of several Windows Server 2012 R2 servers running various services (Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, web services, printing and file services). RavenTech, LLC. also has around 500 client operating system desktops/laptops that run Windows 7 and Windows XP.There is a mix of desktop and laptop systems.Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows 7:Processor: Intel Core i3 Second GenerationMemory: 4GB RAMHard Drive: 350GBNetwork Card: 10/100/1000 MbpsUSB Ports: 4 USB 2.0Monitor: 20inch LCD Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows XP:Processor: Intel Core 2Memory: 2GB RAMHard Drive: 80GBNetwork Card: 10/100 MbpsUSB Ports: 4 USB 2.0Monitor: 15inch LCDYour boss wants you to come up with a proposal to replace all Windows XP systems with Linux. You will implement the Linux variant specified by your instructor.RequirementsThe final submission should contain at least 5 to 7 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations that may be used), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 7 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required. You must turn this assignment to both the assignment area within our LEO classroom as well as to the TurnItIn website. Failure to do so may result in point deductions. Follow the TurnItIn instructions provided within the class.You must address the following in your proposal and may make any assumptions which are not specified:
• Research and justify whether LORL will use existing computer hardware that is being used with the Windows XP systems, or if new hardware will be required
• Plan for migration from Windows XP to Linux.
• Explain how some windows services can interact with Linux services during the transition (e.g. printing, DNS, authentication, etc).
• Determine the hardware to be used and the installation options
• How will users log onto the systems? Explain.
• How will systems receive IP addresses? Explain.
• How will DNS be accessed by the LORL systems? Explain.
• Explain how files on the network may be accessed by LORL.
• Explain how LORL can securely share files within their group and other selected groups/users in the company.• How will central authentication be handled in the Linux enviornment.
• How will printing be handled? Explain.
• What, if any, data will be encrypted? Explain
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you have a model, you could rewrite that model to suit what the assignment is asking for. Again my assignment is due at 11:59 pm Dec 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already uploaded the instructions, and pasted it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want the exact copy of a previous model

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions