judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

◦Describe the network architecture that is used scenario

Customer Question

Customer: ◦Describe the network architecture that is used for the scenario organization. Include further clarification by naming speed, distance, access method, number of repeating devices, and allowable local area network (LAN) segments.◦Include a diagram of the network showing the major components used.◦Describe reasons for the selected architecture, and identify areas for modification to increase performance, security, and management functionality.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Section 1: The Organization & IT’s Network RequirementsThe organization I would like to complete my individual projects in this course is based on a pharmaceutical company named “Safe Drugs” in Chicago, IL. I currently work for a biopharmaceutical company and have a basic understanding of its structure. This company is made up of 1,000 employees into the following departments: Human Resources (50), Marketing (50), Patient Solutions (50), Security (50), Finance (75), Research & Development (125), Information Technology (175), Sales (250), and Manufacturing (350). The Annual revenue of Safe Drugs in 2014 was $10MM. They currently maintain four work groups for the companies IT structure setup as follows: facility (1), infrastructure (1), IT Equipment (1), Operations (1). The facility data center is the usable space for IT equipment. This data center provides around the clock access to information. The infrastructure data center is used to sustain the highest level of availably possible. This consists of uninterrupted power sources like battery banks, generators, and redundant power sources. The IT equipment data center houses 50 servers, hardware storage, cables, racks, and a variety of security firewalls. The last data center is used to monitor operations and maintain IT infrastructure around the clock. Network management roles who & what they doThe International Organization for Standardization (ISO) network management model defines five functional areas of network management as noted below: 1. Fault management is designed to sense and circumvent network problems which increases the networks availability, keeps downtime minimum, and expands network performance. This includes the collection of network data in real time, investigation, warning, and troubleshooting (Rouse, 2015). 2. Configuration management is a way to evaluate, manage, approving or disapproving, and implementing changes in hardware or software that are used to construct and maintain software systems (Software Engineering Institute, 2000).3. Performance Management refers to how good the network serves its users. Network performance management includes the processes of measuring, reporting, and governing of responsiveness, convenience, and operation for the different network components (Rabinovitch, n.d.).4. Security Information Management is the practice of collecting, monitoring, and analyzing security related fata from computer logs. These logs include information pulled from antivirus software, intrusion-detection systems, intrusion-prevention systems, file systems, firewalls, routers, servers and switches (Rouse, 2015). 5. Accounting Management is the process of distributing resources to enhance and fairly distribute network subscribers. This makes the most out of the systems available and reduces the cost of operations (Rouse, 2015).As a network manager, you would manage the network support team. The responsibilities of the network manager would be to make sure that the network capacity can meet the business needs and that it is secure. Typical duties include assessing the network requirements. Designing plans to meet those requirements. Testing the design plan to be sure all issues are smoothed out. A network manager would also make sure network plans are compatible with other computer systems. As a network manager, you should supervise the technical staff and have network security measures that are reviewed and implemented on a regular basis. Prevention and maintenance schedules get maintained by the network manager, as well as monitoring and reporting network performance and usage. Lastly, the network manager would manage growth and development on an on-going basis.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Long Paper (3+ pages) Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can't wait a bit so how can I move up in line?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

My name is David.

Is there a length requirement for the report?

Also, when is the due date for the report?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The length is not the important factor but covering all of the basics is the most important.
This is due tomorrow evening but I'd pay extra to get it quicker. I also have to make sure their at least 2 references in APA format listed and cited within the contents. It is an addition to the paper I added in the files... for week 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also added a second question for IT management strategy plan as well
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize however I am not absolutely certain that I can complete the project within the required time frame. I am going to open up your question to other experts that can assist you in completing it on time.

Best regards,

David.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions