judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Windows Network Proposal You have been red by Shiv LLC as an

Customer Question

Windows Network Proposal You have been hired by Shiv LLC as an Information Technology consultant to develop a technology proposal. Shiv LLC manufactures and distributes solar panel for the consumer market. Your job is to submit a proposal that meets their
criteria. Current Implementation/Concerns: • The company will have 3 locations (Los Angeles, Dallas, and Houston) but are planning to grow rapidly due to high demand in solar panels. Main staff will be at Dallas and Houston offices. • Data security is priority
since patent and trademarks are at stake. • Los Angeles sales personnel will need secure remote access to Houston office. • The WAN connectivity is in place and it is not an issue. There is ample bandwidth in place. • Feel free to make other assumptions but
they need to be noted in the paper. Topics to Cover: Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information. Describe the technical and business
reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution. The topics include: Active Directory: • What forest/domain model should Shiv LLC implement? What is the
domain name? • Where should the domain controllers be place? Should RODC be part of the consideration? • FSMO Roles placement • Plan for AD backup and recovery Group Policy: • Is Group Policy needed? • What settings might be considered via Group Policy? DNS:
• What namespace should Shiv LLC implement? • What types of zones needed? File Services: • How will the shares be secured? • Will quotas be used? FSRM be configured? • Will DFS be implemented? Remote Services: • What technology will be implemented to provide
secure remote access for users? • Who should have remote access? WSUS: • How will the servers and clients be updated? • How will new servers be deployed? Submission Requirements: There are specific requirements for the assignment: The final submission should
contain at least 6 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 10 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. (With the required diagram, and other
images, title page, etc., the final submission may end up being more than 10 pages in length.) It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required; APA format for the title
page is optional. • At least one diagram must be included (not counted towards the minimum length described above). You can have more. • The submission must cover all of the 6 major topics outlined above. Each choice should be explained with technical and
business reasoning. The solution should be reasonably detailed. • The structure of the final submission is flexible. There is no specific format required, although it should be organized logically and represent a single, unified solution. It is likely that
the format will include separate sections for each of the 6 topics required, as well as a summary. • At least one non-textbook, non-LabSim, non-Wikipedia reference is required; preferably, this would be a “best practice” guide or similar content from Microsoft
or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions. • Be sure to properly quote or cite any sources used. APA format is required for in-text citations and the list of works cited at the end. It is expected that you are already familiar with UMUC's "Policy on
Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism." It is available in the Academic Policies section of the Syllabus; there are also links in the Webliography. In its simplest form, if you are using text from a source, you must cite and/or quote it.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fully written new document is what I am requesting.
Thanks!

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me. By when do you need this project completed?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29Nov 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Monday, November 20 at the latest.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant Monday, November 30 at the latest.
Thanks!
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

While waiting for an answer regarding the due date, other work was scheduled for completion during that time. Would it be possible to extend the due date?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you have it ready for Tuesday Dec 1 or Wednesday Dec 2?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wednesday is good if Tuesday is too soon.
Thanks!
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

My schedule is pretty tight right now so am not absolutely positive that I can complete it by Wednesday evening, however I am working on making room in my schedule and will keep you updated.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dave, can you have it done by Friday morning?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

I might be able to work on and complete it by Friday however will not know for sure until tomorrow. Sorry however that is the most accurate answer I can provide at this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you garuntee you will have it done by Friday?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I cannot guarantee that it would be completed by then. Still working to make time in my schedule and I understand that you need it by Friday (tomorrow).

If you would like, I can open this question up to other experts that may be able to guarantee completion by tomorrow - just let me know.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they can fifths by tomorrow, that would be great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finish by tomorrow that is!
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Ok then I will open this up for other experts. I will continue to watch it as well in case it is still open and I can make time to complete it.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I needed the paper completed by today. Can anyone have it completed in 6-8 hours? If not, I need to request a refund.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions