judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Assessment you will create a standards-based lesson plan

Customer Question

For this assessment you will create a standards-based lesson plan for a third-, fourth-, or fifth-grade science class. You will need to incorporate active participation strategies, grouping strategies, and technology strategies into the lesson plan. You
will then analyze and justify the use of these strategies for the class as a whole and for the diverse learners in the class. Scenario: You are a self-contained general education teacher in an elementary school (third through fifth grades only). Your class
comprises a variety of students with different abilities and backgrounds: • 26 students total (15 boys and 11 girls) • 16 students are on-grade-level readers • 5 students are two grades below reading level (3 with identified learning disabilities in reading)
• 5 students are two grades above reading level (2 with identified gifted exceptionalities) • 1 student is an English Language Learner (ELL) at the intermediate level • 3 students have been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Daily
planning, instruction, and assessment should reflect the individual needs of each student. Requirements: A. Create a standards-based science lesson plan for a third-, fourth-, or fifth-grade class. In your lesson plan, include the following: • identification
of general information (i.e., topic, grade, student grouping, seating arrangement) • identification of standards and measurable objectives (condition, behavior, and criterion) • identification of materials/resources for students and teacher • description of
prerequisite skills or connections to previous learning (i.e., What previously learned skills are necessary for students to be able to participate in and benefit from the planned lesson?) • explanation of presentation procedures for new information, guided
practice, independent practice, and culmination • explanation of differentiated instruction accommodations • explanation of assessment (A copy of the assessment may be submitted, or it may be explained. The assessment may be formal or informal, formative or
summative.) Note: You may use the attached lesson plan template or any other lesson plan template of your choosing. In addition to the template, your task may require you to incorporate additional elements. Be sure to review all materials carefully. Note:
Make sure you submit your completed lesson plan for this project. 1. Identify three different types of active participation strategies in the lesson plan to promote student engagement. 2. Identify one grouping strategy in the lesson plan. 3. Identify two different
strategies in the lesson plan that integrate student-centered technology within the lesson plan to support student learning. (Include at least one strategy to support learning for the entire class.) Note: Make sure you clearly label the identified strategies
so evaluators can easily find them. B. Justify the use of all the strategies selected in parts A1, A2, and A3 to support student learning by doing the following: 1. Justify, citing relevant academic sources, your use of the active participation strategies
for the following: a. the class as a whole b. a diverse learner/group in the class 2. Justify, citing relevant academic sources, the selected grouping strategy, including how the grouping facilitates learning for the following: a. the class as a whole b. a
diverse learner/group in the class 3. Justify, citing relevant academic sources, the choice of the technology strategies for the following: a. the class as a whole b. a diverse learner/group in the class C. When you use sources, include all in-text citations
and references in APA format.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  verbsrule replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for the request. I will have this ready for you on Sunday.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome. Thank you.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I'm running late on this one. When is the latest I can get it to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Next couple of days?
Expert:  verbsrule replied 1 year ago.

Perfect! I'm having to do more research on accommodating the different learners for science (not my area in the classroom), and I want to make sure I have it done correctly!

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions