judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

You have been recently red as a network administrator xAcme

Customer Question

You have been recently hired as a network administrator for the xAcme Technology Trade School. The company is realizing that the local systems administrators need help implementing certain technologies at each of the remote locations, as well as final
WAN configurations. Out of the network administrators on staff, you have been asked to move forward the project. With your background and skills, you will design, implement, and assist in configurations to support xAcme’s topology. Technologies to implement
will differ from site to site, as administrators have begun topology implementations. You will be provided the overall topology as well as certain device configurations in order to determine the best course of action per site/challenge. In addition to helping
them configure their network, they require that all new network administrators obtain their Cisco CCNA Certification within 60 days of being hired. You are excited about starting this project but realize creating a schedule to help balance your work and home
life will be key to success.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
due dec 11
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

This will be fine for Dec 11

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how is this going?

All good so far

Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 11 months ago.

Apologies, a family illness means I can't now complete and upload this until Tuesday - I can open it to other experts

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I really need this. Can you do it by 12/13? less details will be fine...

Apologies, I've had to drop everything due to a family illness so won't be able to look at anything now until Tuesday

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tuesday is fine..

I have opened it to other experts who can respond in the meantime

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont need answer anymore. I would like refund. Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey steve, I was able to get extension on deadline.
are we fine for Tuesday for this? or Wednesday ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
below is more information for project.
Part 1 Focus PointsHostnames: Should be configured using suggested naming conventions as per the xACME TopologyBanners:Banners should be focused on warning of unauthorized access. Careful with your delimited character usage.Secured Access: Passwords should be implemented on our console, vty and enable (elevate privileges) areas. Passwords should be secured using encryption.All lines should be looking for passwords when accessing the device. HINT…login command does what???VTY Lines: Passwords set, banners set to be displayed upon access and the amount of connections may be limited. Secured access channels (SSH) may be suggested at this time BUT not fully required here.STP: Troubleshoot why SW1 is NOT being forced as the Root Switch. Consider potential solutions to faster convergence.BPDU: Consider the use of BPDU protection around trunking and access ports as well as exit points of the LAN.PART 2 Focus PointsHere, we are focused on subnetting ranges to be applied to the site. We are provided current host distribution/assignments and must create divisions to accommodate this. Our focus must be on a balance between designs not too large (wasteful distribution) and not too small (inadequate coverage for current and future growth).A professional appearance should be displayed in your presentation. Subnets should be broken down and displayed with the following details:NetID
Subnet Mask / CIDR Values
Broadcast
Usable RangeHINT…If subnets are of the VLSM variety, proper distribution would be from the Largest subnet to the Smallest subnet.**Routing Protocol Implementation:Routing Protocols: We will implement a routing protocol as well as summarization and potential topology additions for redundancy. With your selection of a routing protocol, you should justify your choice and implement the solution. Suppress advertisements into stub portions of the network to protect routing details. There may be consideration around auto-summary and such if required. Heads Up…as of 2013, EIGRP is no longer a Cisco Proprietary routing protocol.Topology/Redundancy: In the current topology, R1 will be a single point of failure for ALL site communications. Considerations should be taken around implementing a pathway to add redundancy to the topology. This will have an impact on additional addressing (Point 2 Point) and it should be accounted for in the design as well as addressed properly (correct CIDR). HINT…Use the current topology for your guide here! Another consideration would be the enabling of the newly configured interfaces as well.Summarization: We must consider proper summarization routes to effectively route traffic internally. Current sub-interface configurations will be found per the site’s device configuration files. Summarization MUST be a CIDR/Range to cover ALL internal networks Per Router (R1, R2 & R3 respectively) AND an entire Site as a whole at the entry point. HINT…Check the device configurations for R2 and R3 and see WHAT ranges you are summarizing for in the stub areas!Default Routes: We will need to properly summarize ALL internal routes within the site. In addition, external private traffic should be placed outbound of the site while public traffic must be placed on the sites external public interface of R1. HINT…Consider how R1, R2 and R3 and would all handle public based addresses.Part 3 Implementation GradingHere, we are focused on proper implementation of subnets in a stub area (single interface in/out). With this in mind, we will be implementing sub interfaces, VLAN configurations on internal switches AND DHCP addressing deployment to our hosts (excluding last 10 addresses of subnet).VLAN Implementation: When configuring our VLAN environment, we need to be conscious of VLAN ID assignments, naming for administrative purposes, port modes (access –vs- trunk), port assignments (interface ranges to simplify administration), port security (maximum and response configurations to violations), and DTP (Dynamic Trunking Protocol) protection. Hint…Trunk ports pass multiple VLANs while Access ports are assigned to single VLANs.Sub Interface Configurations:Because we have a single point of entry, we need to utilize the physical interface supplied in the topology and configure sub interfaces to functions from it. Sub interface numbering should match the VLAN they are being configured to for proper administrative deployment. Descriptions should be placed on the interface as well to state its purpose and subnet it connects to. Consider that you will need to set the IP address on the sub interface AND it will function as the default GW for your VLAN hosts. HINT…Think DHCP excluded addresses here as you DO NOT want auto assignments to create duplicate IPs on the network.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DHCP Implementation: We will be deploying DHCP in our subnets and will need to supply certain information to our hosts upon configuration. DHCP pools should be named to accurately reflect their usage (THINK VLAN’s here). We will exclude the last 10 addresses of the IP range we are working with in order to accommodate any static IP’s which exist in the environment (THINK Default GW, DNS, DHCP Server Address, etc… here). The default GW should be specified to your hosts as well as a DNS server here. HINT…Network Range(s) will be defined by configuring the subnet mask, excluded addresses are a part of these ranges and your Default GW to get on/off the network lives in this range as well.

I am still away unfortunately so other experts can respond if they are available

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When will you available? I can push back my deadline
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
See attachment for Instructions

I don't think I will be back until after Christmas now unfortunately

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i understand you had emergency but you told me it will be done Dec 11. than you said Tuesday. Can you do it by 12/26? I would really appreciate it.Let me know
Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Correction will you be able to do this before January 1st 2016???

Unfortunately not due to family issues and then being away over Christmas/New Year

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions