lkhoward
lkhoward, Master's Degree
Experience:  MEd, BA in English, BBA, 6 years of teaching
58892150

007127, Writing Skills: A Personal Narrative, you are asked

Customer Question

For exam 007127, Writing Skills: A Personal Narrative, you are asked to write a personal essay, based solely on your first-hand personal experience(s), told from the first-person point of view (using the pronoun "I"), meeting the length requirement of
between 750 and 2500 words. This essay should not require or contain any type of research; it should be told from thoughts and memories. In short, this essay should be about you and your experience(s).For exam 007130, Writing Skills: A Research Project, you
are asked to compose an essay responding to ONE of the prompts offered (please review pages 2 and 3 in your digital study unit). At its base, this is a personal essay, but you must incorporate research that will support your views and opinions. The core of
this essay must be based solely on your first-hand personal experience(s) and should be told from the first-person point of view (using the pronoun "I"). Your finished essay, including research, should be between 500 and 1500 words.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

My name is David.

Please provide the prompts so I can review and respond with any questions.

Also, is there a format requirement for the report?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Personal narrative:To make a clear overall point, any story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. In short, an author must provide his or her readers with a sense that every event starts and then, subsequently, finishes. However, no story can relate every detail of what happened in a given situation. Therefore, each individual writer must choose details carefully and use them to build a scene that reflects the chosen point or mood.
Introduction
There are many appropriate and interesting ways to begin an essay. Whatever method you use, you must catch the readers’ attention and give your audience an idea of what will follow. The first sentence (or even the first paragraph) should be like a store window; it should make people (who might otherwise pass by) stop and enter the store. You can choose to appeal to your readers’ curiosity or feelings to engage them. Your primary objective is to hook the audience and get them interested in reading more.
Let’s take a look at what should happen in the introductory paragraph.
Define the Topic
You’ve been given an assignment to write an essay about one of your hobbies. How can you get your reader interested in what you have to say? The simplest way is normally to plunge right into your subject.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here the format for the personal narrative
Please be sure to include your name, student number, and exam number on the very first page of your essay. You may include this information in a header if you wish to do so.
■ Using Microsoft Word, type your paper; it must be sub- mitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format for grading purposes.
■ Use double-spacing, standard one-inch margins, and a font no larger than the equivalent of Times New Roman 12.
■ Your final draft should contain between 750 and 2,500 words.
■ Please save your document using your student number, the appropriate exam number, and your last name, all connected by underscore symbols. For example, if ***** *****’s student number is ***** and he has com- pleted exam 007127, he would save the file as 23456789_007127_Smith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For The Research Project Essay The Formatting Is:■ Please be sure to include a header at the top of each
page that includes your last name and a page number at
the right margin.
■ The very first page of your essay shouldn’t contain a
header, but it should include your name, your student
ID number, and the exam number.
■ Your paper should be typed and double-spaced using
Microsoft Word or another word processing program
such as WordPad, X Word, AbiWord, and so on. It must
be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format for grading
purposes.
■ Use double-spacing, standard one-inch margins, and a
font no larger than the equivalent of Times New Roman 12.
■ Your final draft should contain between 500
and 1,500 words.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you started yet It Has To Be Done Before Tomorrow Morning
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for posting the additional detail. Since I cannot guarantee that I will be able to complete both by tomorrow morning, I will opt out of this question so that another expert who has time to complete it by tomorrow morning can assist you.

Best regards,

David.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Hi! So the assignment is to write a narrative about one of your hobbies? can you give me a few of them?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shopping
Reading
Basketball
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

what about each one draws you to them?

is this due tomorrow? What time and time zone?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can write about basketball I just enjoy it because I'm a competitive person as it is.
This in due the night of 9-14-15
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before 6pm Central time
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

is there anyway we could do shopping? I don't know anything about basketball.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha Yes You Could Do Shopping That's Fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are You Aware That There is Also a Research Project Essay
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I don't see where it says what the research essay is about

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

i see so is it an expansion on the first essay, with research? so one essay is between(###) ###-####words and the second is between(###) ###-####

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I need to ask if you can up the price. This is about 6-8 pages total and normally I charge about $25 a page. I could take less because you are in a hurry but I do need more than what is posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure just do the research essay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or transfer me to someone else
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

What is the research paper on? the first essay? Could you add maybe $40 more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you can just transfer me I've never had such a hard time with this website im starting to get frustrated
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Ok. So tell me what the research essay is about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Research Project
For your second and final writing assignment in this course, you’re being asked to construct a variation of a personal essay, which can also be referred to as a research project. The essay that you produce must be based on a combination of personal experience(s) and research, it must be told primarily from the first-person point of view, and it must meet the given length requirement of 500 to 1,500 words.
The essay that you write should be a direct response to one of the two prompts offered. It should offer your ideas and opinions and use research as support. This essay, much like the personal narrative, will be directed toward a general and unfamiliar audience—people who don’t know you personally.
Your finished product should be completely original and contain research only as support for your established ideas. You should not rely on the results of your research to create your essay, but to support ideas of your own. This will help to ensure that your finished project is unique, credible,
and ethical.
WHAT IS A RESEARCH PROJECT?
A research project is exactly what its name implies: a project (in this case an essay) that utilizes research for support. In a very basic sense, all essays are personal, in that it’s impossible to avoid a personal opinion, even in the most objective writing; however, the research project must combine personal opinion with research to produce supported arguments and opinions.
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Those are the directions but it doesn't give the choice of prompts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOUR OPTIONS
There are two distinct topic options for this particular assign- ment. While each of these options has specific requirements and expectations, there is also a great deal of freedom included with each. Because your essay is being created based on your opinions/ideas and research, no two completed essays will be exactly alike.
Option 1: Personal Take on Current Issues
Choose a current issue in local, national, or international news. Write an editorial piece explaining the issue and offering your opinions and any solutions you can think of that may apply.
You’ll need to thoroughly research the issue at hand in order to provide a solid explanation of the issue, as well as informed opinions and solutions. You must be sure to provide an appro- priate context for the issue you choose; the audience needs to understand why this is a problem that deserves consideration and why you feel your solutions can affect it.
Part of your purpose is to convince your audience that your solutions are viable.
Option 2: Planning a Career
Choose a career that you would like to pursue. You’ll need to thoroughly research your career choice.
You should explain the career to your audience. Although an explanation of the career is certainly necessary, you must be sure to keep the focus of the essay on yourself and why you want to enter this particular career field; the focus shouldn’t be solely on the career field itself.
Be sure to provide as much detail as possible about your career choice, including what type of education, training, or certification is required; what a typical day or week would be like; what kind of salary you can expect; what the future looks like for employees in this field; and whether or not geography will affect job opportunities.
Part of your purpose is to convince your audience that you’re making an informed choice, allowing you a chance at success in the job market.
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

great. what career do you want lol

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

and can I assume from your name that you are female. It will make a difference on how I write these

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Law Enforcement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a female
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

ok. why do you like shopping? just a few reasons will do it. oh and any position in law enforcement interests you more than others?

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

strange question: were you ever poor? Thanks.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I have finished the first essay, and I'll do the other one tomorrow. I do have a few appointments during the day but I will get the other one done before 4 pm PST. It won't take me long since it's shorter. I'll offer additional services in case you would like to receive your work securely in an email. If so just accept the offer. If not that's fine, too. I'll just send it through this site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just nice because I'm fortunate enough to buy whatever I want ... & not sure at this point probably want to be a member on swat or the K-9 unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can Just send it to me on here
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

that's fine. I'll send it to you on here. So you were never poor?

Well, you can always tweak what I have written, and you can also ask me to make any changes. I'll send the first essay now. I will be out until about 2:00-2:30 PST. But I will get your paper done. And wow, Swat! that is impressive!

Personal Essay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you lock my answer so that only I can see it
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

the only way that only you can see it is if i email it to you. the lock only lasts for 5 minutes

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I'm working on your other paper now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay That's Fine I already submitted The First Im Just Waiting On The Research paper
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

okay great. i'm about halfway done. Did you like the first one? Did it need any changes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol I did like the first one surprisingly I didn't have to change anything thanks just waiting on my instructor to grade it
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

ok that's great. Please let me know your grade! Almost done with the other one.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Paper

Okay here you go!

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if any changes are needed, and don't forget to rate me! It is the only way I am compensated.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rate you as soon as my instructor grades the papers
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Thank you.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps there is a little confusion. I did not provide the answer for a grade, but rather as an answer to your question. Please rate the answer you have received. Thank you.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I hope you will take the time to rate me as soon as possible.

Thank you. I hope I can help you again in the future.

Lori

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions