lani_s
lani_s, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I had been assisting students in writing essays.
7581006

Labeling theorists are adamant about the labels that

Customer Question

Labeling theorists are adamant about the labels that offenders are given throughout the criminal justice system. Labels, such as ex-felons, are deepening the very behavior that they are meant to halt because of stereotypes that incite an individual trying to recover after a prison term. The labeling theory argues that the criminal justice system is limited in its capacity to restrain unlawful conduct but also is a major factor in anchoring people into criminal careers.
The cultural deviance theory explains the causes of criminal behavior in urban areas are not about the poverty suffered in those areas but the product of a distinct lower-class culture whose focal concern is deviance against the norms of society.
The theory identified 3 influential versions:
• Lower-class culture as a whole is responsible for generating crime in urban areas.
• Urban lower-class areas produce subcultures that are responsible for the rise of crime.
• Subcultures of crimes in urban areas where individuals come together to band in creating crimes for their own personal gain and satisfaction
Write a 5–6 page paper answering the following questions:
• What would be another theory and strategy to avoid stereotyping individuals in the criminal justice system?
o Is labeling theory a legitimate crime causation theory? Why?
• In your opinion, where do gangs fit in the 3 influential versions of cultural deviance theory? Why?
• Which one of the two theories would you use to explain the following problem:
o The number of youths joining gangs in the inner city has doubled, while the number of gang leaders serving time in prison and being released after good conduct has increased. The crime rate for gang violence has risen 20% from last year.
Requirements
• Your opinion statements must be justified by theory or real-life strategies and practices of law enforcement activity.
• The explanation of cause of criminality in question 3 must use the case provided.
• You must use the labeling theory or cultural deviance theory in answering questions
5pages, APA format with reference, Due Saturday, 29th at 8pm eastern time
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.

I can possibly help you in this.

The requirements mentioned to use the case provided for question 3. Can you please send in that case study?

Also, the fair price for 5-6 pages paper is $75. If that is agreeable, you may change the price offer or you may add the price difference ($35) as a bonus.

Let me know if you want me to proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All i need is 5pages. I just got one completed for me for $40 and i gave a bonus of $20. Am sorry 75 is too high

Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I understand.

I will opt out to open this question to other experts.

Good luck on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kindly close this question

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions