judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

TO ***** *****Name:Date:Instructor's Name:Assignment:

Customer Question

TO ***** *****
Name:
Date:
Instructor’s Name:
Assignment: SCI203 Phase 1 Lab Report
Title: Human Impacts on the Sustainability of Groundwater
Instructions: You will need to write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method to answer the following question:
• If current human development does not change, will groundwater sustainability be affected?
When your lab report is complete – submit it in the classroom.
Part I: Using the time progression of industrialization and human development, fill in the data table below to help you write up your lab report.
Time Period Impact to Forest Groundwater Levels Saltwater Intrusion Farming Industrial development Population
1800s Large forests Lots of ground water No salt water intrusion Small farms No cities Limited housing
1900s Decreased by 50% Decreased by 50% Ocean moved into groundwater Farms are larger, but there are fewer Exceptional growth of cities and industrial development Substantial increase in housing
2000s Decreased by 90% Decreased by 90% Greater movement of ocean into ground water Same number of farms, but size decreased Industrial development decreased by 10-15% Housing development decreased by 10-15%
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
• Purpose
o State the purpose of the lab.
• Introduction
o This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
• Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
o A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
• Methods
o Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
• Results/Outcome
o Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
• Discussion/Analysis
o In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results. Also discuss the results and what you learned from this lab.
o Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.
DUE 7-20-15
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  judybailey61 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for asking for me. In all honesty, I have no idea what research this is asking for in order to create a lab report.

Do you have an example from this class as to what a lab report would look like?

Judy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think that they want to know the availability of fresh water in the future for drinking and produce.

Sue

Yes, that is true, but how to project that is what I do not know how to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure either I am going to reach out to my professor and see if she can help.

Sue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think we can forget this question.

Thanks,

Sue

Okay ... I'll close it.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions