I can send you what I have and you can choose what you think is best. I need part of it this sunday and the rest next sunday.
C – 1 Assignment – Topic Selection - Research on an existing or emerging IT-related technology and related ethical issues (3%)
- Topic Title – Begin with a topic title that describes what you’re writing about
- Explain briefly—one paragraph should be sufficient—why you selected this topic.
- Determine three critically important questions you would like to address regarding your topic when you complete your research for the C – 2 Narrative. Include a written description—1 or 2 sentences as a brief paragraph—for each question that includes why that question is critically important. These questions will form the thesis and starting point for your research and final written assignment, the Ethical Issue in Information Technology. Remember: the emphasis on this paper is on digital technology and the ethical issue(s) with its use
- The objective in developing and posing these questions is to stage your research and writing for the final C – 2 Issues Paper so that one or more ethical principles are applied and explained as a result of your research.
- This process helps you establish a thesis for your research.
- Provide at least three proposed reference sources, at least two of which must be from the UMUC library databases (or an equivalent academic database).
- Submit your topic selection and three questions as a combined Microsoft Word document—upload as an attachment in your assignment folder "C1 Topic."
Remember; include a cover page and follow all APA formatting requirements.
Following are some topic ideas you may want to select for this assignment. Be sure to keep in mind the technology aspects of this assignment are different from Paper A (IT-related issues in general that are ethical problems that are resolved through organizational and policy solutions).
Information Technology – Ethical Issues that Arise Because of the Technology:
The Internet: search engines, filtering, pornography, access, etc.
Databases: data mining, privacy, security, etc.
Communication: e-mail, social networking, monitoring, etc.
Gaming: regulation, violence, addiction, gender stereotyping, educational games, etc.
The IT Industry: intellectual property, e-waste, software piracy, etc.
Individual research on existing or emerging IT-related technology and related ethical issues (Individual) (12%)
This is the second part of a three-part assignment, an individual assignment to research existing or emerging IT related technology and its ethical impact.
You are required to use the topic from your C 1 submittal that was approved by your instructor.
Prepare a minimum 3- 5 page, double-spaced paper and submit it to your Assignments Folder as an attached Microsoft Word file. Indicate appropriate (APA) reference citations for all sources you use
Ensure that your research addresses the ethical issues of an existing or emerging technology! Submit the completed assignment to your appropriate Assignment Folder on the due date indicated in the course syllabus.
In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your paper should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.
An important part of your final paper must include a one page synopsis of the topic selection. You should state why you feel this is important and describe any supporting resources you found supporting your choice.