judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

ASSIGNMENT 04C04J Introduction to PsychologyDirections:

Customer Question

ASSIGNMENT 04
C04J Introduction to Psychology
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
Part A
For Part A of this assignment, you will apply the principles of operant conditioning to modify an existing behavior. Target a behavior to be modified, either an undesirable behavior that you would like to eliminate or a desirable behavior that you would like to strengthen.
1. Generate a plausible explanation for why the problem exists.
2. Describe one (1) reason why you want to change the behavior and one (1) benefit the change will bring.
3. Carefully design a program for modifying the behavior, making sure to include all relevant conditioning principles incorporated within your plan (which might include the use of positive and negative reinforcers, punishment, shaping, schedules of reinforcement, modeling, extinction, stimulus discrimination or generalization, primary and secondary reinforcers, and so on.) Your plan should include three (3) steps.
Part B
Design a series of test items that would indicate the different intelligences according to Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences. Provide one (1) original example of how you would test each of the eight (8) different intelligences.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C04I Introduction to Psychology
Part A
For Part A of this assignment, choose a movie, book, or television show that depicts a character or character(s) suffering from mental illness. Write a paper analyzing a character's illness in terms of one or more of the theoretical perspectives (e.g., biological, psychoanalytic, cognitive-behavioral, biopsychosocial) presented in the text.
1. Describe the character's diagnosis in terms of the DSM-IV. Make sure to include two (2) criteria that the character meets.
2. Describe one (1) perspective(s) of mental illness that best explains the development of the character's symptoms, along with two (2) facts to support your position.
3. Describe any treatment received by the character. Describe two (2) reasons that you would recommend similar or different treatment. If the character did not receive treatment, describe the type of treatment you would recommend with two (2) supporting facts.
Suggested movies include:
• Beautiful Mind (2001).
• Girl, Interrupted (1999).
• Fatal Attraction (1987).
• Sybil (1977).
• One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975).
• Play Misty for Me (1971).
Suggested television shows include:
• Wilfred.
• Perception.
• Alphas.
Part B
For Part B of this assignment, go online to the following Web page: http://www.prisonexp.org/ Take a tour through the slide show, which shows actual footage of the Stanford Prison study.
After viewing the slideshow, respond to the following questions. Your response should be one (1) page in length.
1. Describe one (1) factor that prevented "good guards" from objecting or countermanding the orders from tough or bad guards.
2. Describe one (1) reason why prisoners try to work within the arbitrary prison system to effect a change in it (e.g., setting up a Grievance Committee), rather than trying to dismantle or change the system through outside help.
3. Describe two (2) factors would lead prisoners to attribute guard brutality to the guards' disposition or character, rather than to the situation.
4. Was it ethical to conduct this study? Provide two (2) reasons to support your position.
Grading Rubric
Please refer to the rubric on the next page for the grading criteria for this assignment.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.
If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please files attached.
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions