judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Need help on the environmental pollution scenario review and

Customer Question

need help on the environmental pollution scenario review and summary paper
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.

Can you please provide more details on that assignment?

Any required length, format, references, and due date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am at work now. Do you have an email address I can copy and send you an email about the assignment

Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.

Private emails won't work/show up here.

You may upload the file with assignment details using that clip icon on the above toolbar after your work.

I will check back later.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Option 1: Environmental Pollution Scenario Review and Summary

You are an associate-level environmental scientist in a large urban city. The growing human population within the city increases pressure on the infrastructure and natural resources, affecting the environment. As cities expand, they cut deeper into surrounding rural areas, causing environmental problems, such as the loss of wetlands, loss of biological habitats, and air and water pollution. The high density of automobiles, factories, and commercial enterprises in urban areas adds to airborne emissions, including particulate matter, various types of oxides, and hazardous volatile compounds.

Your selected city is experiencing rapid growth in population. The City Council is worried that this pattern of population growth, combined with concerns over climate change, is beginning to create a number of negative environmental, economic, and social consequences. These include deteriorating infrastructure, increasing traffic congestion, declining air and water quality, and the loss of open space. The City Council has charged you with writing a report that will recommend measures to address the pollution issues and reduce carbon emissions.

Make decisions on the optimal measures for addressing the pollution management issue. Choose four of the following measures based on pollution reduction:

• Pollution control legislation for point sources

• Random emission testing

• Encouraging alternative transportation, walking, and bicycle use

• Promoting fuel-efficient cars

• Establishing green spaces or urban forestry

• Improving roads

• Encouraging carpooling

Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary briefly describing the background information and details. Include the following information:

• Describe your selected measures.

• From an environmental science and climate change perspective, describe the potential effectiveness of your selected measures.

• Trade-offs for the various pollution reduction measures, including potential improvements in human and ecosystem health: For example, bringing in legislation to install pollution control devices in factories may sound like an effective choice, but installation of such devices is a huge expense, and there is likelihood of strong opposition by business groups.

• Explain the following statement: “Decision-making about environmental issues necessitates the maintenance of a fine balance between the effectiveness of measures and the public reaction towards them.”

Includeat least two outside references. Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines

Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting the details.

When do you need that please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no later than 3pm est. thank you

Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I won't be able to finish a freshly written model paper that soon.

The way i can help is to provide a model work that has been provided to another user before.

Let me know if you are interested and I will post it for you right away.

For the meantime, i will opt out to open this question to other available expert willing to help.

Thanks and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can it be completed by 7pm

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions