judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Your company is currently investigating the use of Linux. Your manager

Customer Question

Your company is currently investigating the use of Linux. Your manager has asked you to research the feasibility of using Linux in both the server and workstation environments. Your manager would like to see an 8- to 10-page paper that
compares and contrasts Linux server and Linux workstation products between three separate and distinct Linux vendors; and
addresses the specific issues of total cost of ownership, training, support, performance, reliability, and application availability.
The following is a list of guidelines for your Course Project, due in Week 6.
The Course Project is worth 150 points and is comprised of the following deliverables:
The paper shall only address business requirements and concerns, not personal or home use of Linux.
The paper shall address three different Linux vendors, along with each vendor’s specific server and workstation product.
Each comparison and/or contrast item should include each of the each of the three specific vendors—for both se
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.
If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

How are you? Nice to meet you and thank you for tackling this for me. This is all the provided info copied from my course project assignment page, just scroll down after my sign off. And if you can, please provide me with an outline ASAP as I am already late, thanks again.

Sincerely,

CHRIS

Course Project: Operating System Proposal

Objectives

Back to Top

1. compares and contrasts Linux server and Linux workstation products between three separate and distinct Linux vendors; and

2. addresses the specific issues of total cost of ownership, training, support, performance, reliability, and application availability.

Guidelines

Back to Top

• The Course Project is worth 150 points and is comprised of the following deliverables:

• Week 3: Outline (35 points)

• Week 6: Paper (115 points)

• The paper shall only address business requirements and concerns, not personal or home use of Linux.

• The paper shall address three different Linux vendors, along with each vendor’s specific server and workstation product.

• Each comparison and/or contrast item should include each of the three specific vendors—for both server and workstation products.

• The primary emphasis on grading will address comparison and contrast items; however, you must still provide references and cite your work throughout the paper.

• All policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy.

• Use each week's lecture, reading assignments, labs, and discussions as guidance and supporting information for your paper.

• APA formatting is required for your paper.

• The paper shall be your individual and original work. This is not a team project.

• The paper is intended to be a professional document.

• Questions concerning the paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.

Milestones

Back to Top

Week 1

Although you do not have a deliverable due this week, it is advised that you acquaint yourself with the Course Project. Post any questions to the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.

Week 3Your outline is due and is worth 35 points.

Submit it to the Week 3 Course Project Dropbox. Please read the Week 3 Outline Rubric below to understand how your Outline will be graded.

Post any questions in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.

Weeks 4–5

There are no deliverables due these weeks, but you should continue working on your paper. Post questions in the weekly Q & A Discussion topics.

Week 6Your final paper is due and is worth 115 points.

Submit it to the Week 6 Course Project Dropbox. Please read the Week 6 Paper Rubric below to understand how your paper will be graded.

Grading Rubrics

Back to Top

Week 3 Outline

CategoryPointsDescription
Documentation, Editing, and Formatting10A quality outline will be free of any spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors.

A quality outline will include a title page, appropriate sections based on a table of contents (TOC), proper citations, and a bibliography.

It will conform to APA guidelines, including citations and references.
Organization and Cohesiveness10A quality outline will include an introduction based on a well formed thesis statement.

The introduction will establish students' understanding of project requirements and their goal for completing the project.

Sentences and paragraphs will be clear, concise, and factually correct.
Content15A quality outline will address requirements to compare and contrast both the server and workstation products from three different Linux vendors.

A quality outline will identify the three specific vendors, along with their server and workstation products, that will be compared in the paper.

The outline will demonstrate that sufficient research and due diligence have been performed to date in completion of the final project.
Total35A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.

Week 6 Paper

CategoryPointsDescription
Documentation, Editing, and Formatting20A quality paper will be free of any spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors.

A quality paper will include a title page, appropriate sections based on a table of contents (TOC), an abstract or executive summary, proper citations, and a bibliography.

It will conform to APA guidelines; including citations and references.
Organization and Cohesiveness20A quality paper will include an introduction based on a well formed thesis statement. The logical order of the paper's content will be derived from the thesis statement.

Sentences and paragraphs will be clear, concise, and factually correct. The content will be properly subdivided into sections derived from the outline/TOC.

In a quality paper, the conclusion will summarize the previously presented content, and will complement the thesis statement from the introduction.
Content75A quality paper will address requirements to compare and contrast both the server and workstation products from three different Linux vendors.

A quality paper will have significant scope and depth of research to support statements.

A quality paper will employ sound use of reasoning and logic to reinforce conclusions. Relevant illustration or examples are encouraged.
Total115A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions