Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exp.
20507158

Victims and Crime Evaluation Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word

Customer Question

Victims and Crime Evaluation
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that describes roles and functions of individuals in the criminal justice system and how victimization affects each role.

Evaluate the roles of prosecutor, defense attorney, criminal, and victim.

Summarize how victimization affects each role.

Answer the following questions:

· What are the goals of sentencing associated with each role?
· What are the goals of alternative sanctions?
· What recommendations do you have regarding victims’ rights?

Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
I would be happy to assist you with the information that you require. In addition to being an expert on the site, I am also a full time professor. As a side note, I live in south Florida.

Please let me know if you are still in need of assistance and when you need this and I will be happy to do this for you.

Thank you kindly,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i still need assistance. i need it for thursday, april 25.

Thank you for getting back to me. I will be happy to do this for you.
I will have this posted for you at the beginning of next week.
Have a great day,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, thank you

I just wanted you to know that I am in the process of writing and posting your information and you will have it shortly.

LisaSmile
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested: ( Word count of 1,198 words)

Victims and Crime Evaluation

The criminal justice system that is employed within the United States is one that although flawed, is used as a guide for justice around the world. Criminal justice is the system whereby all branches of the government are used to control and uphold social control, deterr and mitigate crime, sanction individuals that may violate laws with criminal penalties and rehabilitation efforts.1 The criminal justice system is comprised of three main elements, legislative, courts, and corrections. Within the main entitites fo the criminal justice system there are specific role that individuals have that play an ingeral part of the successful functioning of the criminal justice system.

The prosecutor's role within the criminal justice system is significant. A prosecutor is an administrator of justice and an officer of the court. This means that first and fore most, a prosecutor must use objectivity and sound discretion in the performance of his or her duties. It is imporant to understand that the prosecutor, in any case, has two main objectives. Those objectives being to seek justice and to convict the person or persons that have comitted a crime. Since a prosecutor is an officer of the court he or she is guided by the standards of professional conduct that are defined by the Bar association and must adhere to those traditions and ethical code of conduct. A prosecutor's role is difficult in that a prosecutor can not allow his or her personel beliefs to dictate the course of action in a case. A prosecutor must follow the established rules of law and then do all that is within their power to convict an accused person or persons.

The defense attorney is another important person within the criminal justice system. Defense attorney's are viewed by some to be the anti-justice function of the criminal justice system. But, this is not accurate in any way. What makes the criminal justice system in the United States as good as it can be is that it ensures that the rights of all individuals in any legal procedure are protected. The main functions of the defense attorney are to inform their client, the defendant, in the case of their rights at the start of a case and to advocate for bail, if applicable. The defense attorney will also seek bail if their client is in jail and also functions to negotiate with the prosecutor to have charges reduced or even dropped for their client. In addition, the defense attorney's functions also include providing the best defense for their client in court, determine the appropriate defense that will be used and be the lead person who makes all decisions on behalf of the client regarding witnessess, juror selection and appeals process if necessary.

The criminal and the victim are the final two indiviuals that have a significant role within the criminal justice system. Victim's rights have changed dramatically over the past two decaeds. In past years, the victim's only function was to file a complaint and be available, is needed, for interviews and at trial. Today, the functions of the victims have shiffted. Currently, victims function as a source of information for police, prosecutors and defense attorneys. Victims also have the fuction and legal right to be present at trial and be permitted to make a victim's statement at sentenceing. In contrast, the criminals functions within the criminal justice system is to work with their defense attorney. The criminal speaks through their defense attorney and does what their defense attorney instructs to do and not to do. A criminal's role is to provide information to their attorney, work with the lawyers and judge, and if found guilty of a crime, to serve the punishment that was given.

Victimization also plays a role within the criminal justice system. Criminals have been know to use what is commonly referred to as self-victimisation. This means that he or she uses reasons to justify the bad or inappropriate behavior they have ben accused of committing. This is usually done to manipulate others so that they are not punished. It is imporant to understand that victimization is the process of becoming a victim. The victim of an alleged crime and the defendant are the two individuals that have some connection to the concept of victimization.

When it comes to sentencing, the prosecutor's goal is to obtain the strictest sentence allowed under the law. In contrast, the defense attorney's goal is to get the least amount of punishment or amount of jail time for the defendant. The criminal's goal is to recieve little if no sentence for the alleged crime and to follow the advice of their attorney. Finally, the victim's goal regarding sentencing is to achieve some punishment that will provide justice and closure for themself. The goal for alternative sanctions are to first determine if this is a fair and reasonable option. Alternative sanctions are sentencing options that can exists between the range of probation and incarceration. For non-violent crimes this is a consideration. In this case, each person involves in a case gives their recommendation regarding this possibility. The final decision lies with the judge. The ultimate goal for alternative sanctions is to use this option for indivividuals that are not a threat to the general public's safety.

My recommendation regarding victim's rights would be to continue to move forward and allow as many rights for the victim as there are for the defendant. I also believe that technoogy plays an important function in providing victim's rights. DNA testing is one significant example. This technology has proven to be vital in helping to convict a criminal and in proving a person's innocence. The path forward for victim's rights should be allowing the victim a voice in their case and utilizing technological breakthroughs as they become available.

No human is perfect, and as such, no system that is run by humans will be perfect. However, the criminal justice system within the United States of America provides the most opportunities for the victim and the alleged criminal to be given fair treatment. The judges, prosecutors, and the defense attorney function, by doing their job correctly, that all roles within the criminal justice system are functioning according to the rules and laws of this country.

Works Cited:

1. XXXXX, XXXXXuel A Critical History of Police Reform: The Emergence of Professionalism. Lexington, MT: Lexington Books, (1977)

2. www.americanbar.org > ... > Criminal Justice Section Archive

3. www.victisofcrime.org/...crime...crime.../the-criminal-justice-system

4. www.alternativesolutionsassociates.com/.../Jail%20overcrowding%20...

It was a pleasure being able to do this for you today.

Please remember to click one of the top three icons so that I may be paid for my work.

ALso, feel free to request me, any time in the future, simply by typing, "For Lisa K." at the beginning of your question.

Have a great day,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I having trouble to access the website that you provided for the information. So can you clarify the websites and title of them please. The other than is you did not identify which information is from the sources that you used. Please Clarify this, please.

I am so sorry I forgot to add the rest of the citations. VERRY SORRY!

Experts are not able to add information into a posting once it has been posted,
here is the information for the citations:

Paragraph #1, end of sentence #2, I have the citation 1; it should read
1(American Bar)

Paragraph #3, end of last sentence, insert citation 2; it should read
2 (XXXXX, XXXXXuel)

As for accessing the sources that I used, I went and tried to access each of them according to how I typed them and there was not a problem, I accessed all four of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, i will try them again

Sometimes it is different between servers. I use a MAC.
I have had instances where customers need to shorten the web address for their server.

If you need anything else, just let me know. Today I will not be online, it is my birthday, and I am spending the day with my family.

Please remember, I do not get paid for the essay that I wrote until you click one of the top three icons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need the title of the information that you used on the paper because I need to be able to access the information for the paper. I also see that the citation you used is the same reference so did you used the other reference in the paper. And if you did in what way.

I do not understand what you are asking for by saying, "I need the title of the information." I provided you with every source that I used, including their link. There is nothing else to provide.

Second,EVRYTHING THAT I WRITE IS ORIGINAL WORK. When I use citations it is to show that I took some type of information from that specific source. As that is the purpose of a citation.

Finally, I have provided you with every source that I used. I use the sources for research and to study the information. I make sure that I correctly understand what I am writing about. As I stated, THE ESSAY THAT I WROTE IS MY ORIGINAL WORK AND I PROVIDED YOU WITH EVERY RESOURCE THAT I USED to verify facts ad information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have access the website but it does not take me to the area that you used that is why I am asking for the title of the page.Like if I use this link; I would used the area that I went to such as for this post "Victims and Crime Evaluation". This is for an example.

As I previously stated, I ONLY use resources to research and verify information. I did not quote directly from the sources, as that is why there are no direct quotations.

I read the entire source for research. There is not one specific section. As a professor, I teach my students to be as informed and knowledgable as possible.

Just wondering, are you satisfied with my work with the paper that I wrote??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to provide references that is used in the paper and that is why I have to know this information. I cannot use reference that is not in the paper because my professor does not allow it.

I understand, but, I do not know any other way to state I used all of the references that I provided for you, I provided the references both, in text citations and in works cited, and wrote an original paper for you.

I worked quite diligently on this essay for you, in order to provide 100% satisfaction. I did ask you if you are satisfied, since you have not yet paid for my services, I have no way of knowing.