Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exp.
20507158

Illustration and Cause and Effect essays. 500 + words APA format

Illustration and Cause and Effect essays. 500 + words APA format with references.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I would be happy to provide you with the information that you require. In addition to being an expert on the site, I am also a full time English teacher.

Please let me know the topic of your assisgnment and when it is due.

Thank you kindly
LisaSmile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No specific topics. One essay has to be illustration and one cause and effect. Both are due no later than Wednesday. I have been in the Navy for 19+ years and trying to learn english again after all these years of writing the navy way is really difficult.
I will be happy to write both essays for you each of 500 words. I will have both posted for you early Monday evening.

Do you have any ideas for topics, or any tpoic that was used by your instructor?
Just let me know

I am happy I will be able to do these for you
If you have any future assignments, feel free to request me, I have several customers who are in similiar situations
Have a great weekend
LisaKiss
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ideas that were in the assignment that the teacher gave were for illustration - the seriousness of global warming, the neglect of the elderly or the condition of secondary education.

for cause and effect - a change in the way you deal with other people, a major moment that changed the course of your life forever or a change in the way you understood your country or your citizenship-

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX use one of those ideas for each essay.
I will have this posted for you early Monday Evening,
Have a great weekend
Lisa
just wanted to let you know that I am currently writing and posting your two essays and you will have them shortly
LisaSmile
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested:

Essay #1 (word count of 667 )

Neglect of the Elderly

An issue of social importance to many individuals in this country is the neglect of the elderly. Respect for the elderly is something that most children are taught as they grow and mature. When a person reaches the age that he or she is in need of care, many scenario citizens are fortunate to have loving family member that do take good care of them. However, this is not case for many of the elderly in this country.

Elderly neglect has become an issue of growing concern in the United States. Neglect for an elderly person is the failure to fulfill any obligations that a senior citizen may need. Neglect occurs when a caregiver does not provide adequate food, water, clothing, shelter medicine, personal safety, or any other essentials. 1

One of the areas that is under investigation in many states is the care that is given to the elderly by nursing homes. There are many nursing homes that provide excellent care to the elderly. Unfortunately, because of elder neglect by some nursing homes, the whole nursing home situations has been looked at with much scrutiny by the law enforcement professionals.

If an elderly person is in need of full time care, or more care than a family is able to provide, a nursing home is a responsible solution. There have been many reported cases in the past five years of elder neglect by those working in nursing homes. In some cases, if the elderly person is physically able, he or she is able to report the neglect to authorities and family. However, when this is not possible, there have been dire consequences. One specific example of the elderly being the victim of neglect is bedsores. These are signs that a nursing home resident is being neglected in several ways. A bedridden patient must be repositioned every two hours to relieve pressure. This is also true for a person confined to a wheelchair. Failure to reposition the person will result in bedsores. In addition, bedsores can also be the result of bad hygiene. If a patient is incontinent and not properly washed, irritation to the skin can result in skin burns and bedsores.

Another effect of elderly neglect is dehydration and malnutrition. Many elderly individuals have a special diet. If this is not adhered to, the results can be fatal. In other cases, the elderly may not be given enough of the proper foods, such as nutritious foods or enough liquids.

When discussing the problem of elderly abuse it is important to understand that the abuse may be in several different forms, physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect or abandonment by the caregiver. Each of these types of abuse have negative effects for the elderly. It is important to be able to notice any possible warning signs for any type of elderly abuse. Possible warning signs are frequent arguments or tension between the caregiver and the elderly person or changes in personality or behavior in the elderly person.

If any person suspects abuse or neglect of an elderly person it is important to take the necessary actions to stop the abuse. Every state in the country has at least one toll free abuse hot line or helpline for reporting elderly neglect or abuse. It is also helpful to contact the person's doctor to make sure to take care of any physical needs that may arise. The keys to preventing elder neglect or abuse is to listen to senior and their caregivers, intervene when you suspect elder abuse, and to educate yourself and others about how to recognize and report elder abuse.2

References:
1. www.elder-abuse-information.com/abuse/...
2. www.helpguide.org/mental/elder_abuse_pysical_emotional_sexual_neglect.ht..

Essay # XXXXX (Word count of 562 )

A Change in the Way That I Understood My Country

Being a United States citizen is a special thing for any person. Being born and raised in this country is a special privilege. As I grew up an was educated in school I was taught the importance of being an American and the responsibility of being an American. I always understood that I had a responsibility to give back to my country in whatever way I was able. I also understood that the freedom that my country provided to me was due to all of those brave men and women that fought for the freedom of the those in the United States.

There was a distinct change in the way that I understood what my country was about, and what my freedom meant to me on that fateful day in American history, September 11, 2011. This is a topic that has been written about and discussed more times than I am able to count. However, for me, this was the day that marked a different and yet complete understanding of freedom for me.

As the events of this day unfolded, I began to realize that no matter where I live in this country, or who my neighbors are, no matter what political differences occur between those of us in this country, that when some one or some group attacks this country, we, the citizens of this great country, will come together like a close family and rise to the challenge.

These are not merely words, but feelings that fill my hear, and the revelations that I had about his country. The days that followed the terrorist attacks brought about my complete understanding that freedom is not free. Freedom comes at a price, and that price is mixed with loss, devastation and suffering. I realized that this country is filled with people that will argue, become violent, and disagree, but, when an outsider attacks this country and our way of life, we, the citizens of the United States will rise up and show the world that we are a untied country that is filled with proud citizens that will be united. This was evident in the enormous display of flags on cars buildings, and most any surface possible.

As I previously stated, I learned about this country in school, I learned how grateful each person in this country should be for being a citizen of the United states, and I learned that it was important to not only realize that being an American is a privilege, but to give back to this country. But, it was not until the terrorist attack on September 11, 2011, that I had a truly complete understanding of freedom and the uniqueness of this country. The saying, "Seeing is believing," is one way to put the awakening that I experienced. This country is unique not only because of the freedom that it offers to its' citizens, but the way that the citizens oft his country may be at odds with each other at one minute and then will form a united front the next minute when faced with danger. This country has the greatest gift available to citizens, freedom and the un-parallel gift of united as a whole to protect what we have.

It was a pleasure doing this for you. Please remember to click one of the happy or excited faces so that I may be paid. Also, please feel free to request me, LisaLKawecki, any time in the future.

Have a great day
Lisa
Kiss
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exp.