Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exp.
20507158

1) Design and produce a debate (1,000-1,250 words) in which

1) Design and produce a debate (1,000-1,250 words) in which you have a psychologist from the Gestalt therapy perspective debate a psychologist from the person-centered perspective as to how and why people become aware of psychological problems.

2) You will serve as moderator for the debate. That means that you, as moderator, will design the questions that you ask each of your fictitious psychologists and will also write their responses. There is no fixed number of questions, but plan to ask your debaters at least half a dozen or so.

3) Use a standard debate format in which you ask the respondents alternating questions and allow the other debater to respond to the first debaters answer to your question.

4) APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for requesting me. I am currently booked for the next few days, Please let me know when you need this so I will know if I will be able to assist you.

Thanks you
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By monday is that enough time for you?
I could have this posted for you early Monday evening. If that is not acceptable for you, I completely understand. I will opt out.
I am swamped right now with all of my customers, I do not want you to wait, just let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
monday evening is fine
o.k. great, Have a great weekend
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
same to you

I have a question for you. I was beginning your essay and just received a family call regarding an illness. Is there any way I could have this posted for you on Wednesday afternoon, June 20th?

If this is not acceptable, I completely understand, and I will opt out.

Just let me know
Thank you so much
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Wednesday would be fine
Thank you so much!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem

Thank-you!Kiss

Lisa

just wanted you to know that I am currently writing and posting your information and you will have it shortly
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thats good to hear thanks
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested: ( word count of 1,341 )

Debate : Gestalt Therapy Versus Person-Centered Perspective
Hello, I am the moderator for the following debate and discussion between two skilled professionals in the field of psychology. Each man is skilled and highly qualified in their area of expertises and has agreed to participate in a debate. I will ask a series of questions to each man and provide the opportunity for each to respond with their individual response to the questions. The purpose of this demonstration is to get a better understanding of the Gestalt Therapy perspective and the Person-Centered perspective.

I will introduce each gentlemen and allow him to provide a brief over view of their thoughts pertaining to their area of expertise.

Mr. James is a psychologist from the Gestalt Therapy perspective. He will provide us with a brief understanding of the type of therapy that he subscribes.

Good morning, My name isXXXXX and I believe in the Gestalt therapy. This type of therapy is an existential / experiential form of psychotherapy. This emphasizes personal responsibility and also focuses on an individual's experiences in the present moment. In addition, this form of therapy also focuses on the therapist - client relationship as being important, and the environmental and social contexts of a person's life. Finally, the Gestalt therapy examines the self-regulating adjustments that people make as a result of their overall situation. This type of therapy was developed by Fritz Perls, Laura Perls and Paul Goodman in the 1940's and the 1950's.

Mr. Jones is a psychologist from the Person-Centered therapy perspective. He will provide us with a brief explanation of the type of therapy that he subscribes.

Good morning, My name isXXXXX and I believe in the Person-Centered therapy perspective. Person-Centered therapy is also known as the Person-Centered Psychotherapy, among other names. This type of therapy is a form of talk-psychotherapy that was developed by a psychologist, XXXXX XXXXX, in the 1940's and the 1950's. The goal for Person-Centered therapy is to provide the patients with an opportunity to develop a sense, or feeling, of self so that he or she is able to realize how their attitudes, feelings, and their behavior are being negatively affected and then be able to make an effort to find their true, and ultimately, positive potential. It is very important with this type of therapy that the therapist provides a non-judgmental environment and also provides empathy for the patient. By doing this, the patient is able to find their own solutions to their problems.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will now ask you the first question, "A person comes to you and presents the following scenario: A women has been verbally and physically abused by her husband for a few months. She wants help to determine what she should do next. What would be your response?

Mr. James
: First, I would tell the patient that she needs to prioritize what she wants to accomplish. She needs to determine if she wants to make decisions pertaining to why she allowed this situation to happen, and to continue for the length of time that she did, or does she first want to determine what she should do presently, and for the future. Since the Gestalt therapy is an approach that is holistic, meaning, the mind, body, and the culture, I would help the patient to view her situation in these terms. I would tell the patient that the focus should be on the "Here and Now." We need to formulate plan on being able to leave the current situation for a better environment.

Mr. Jones: In contrast to my college, I would tell the patient that my first goal is to make sure that she feels comfortable talking with me and that she know that she will not be judge. I would then tell her that there is no time table for sorting out her situation and her feelings. I would have her begin by telling me how she felt the first time that there was an instance of abuse and if her feelings toward this person have changed over the past few months. I would continue the therapy by allowing her to tell me of the events that have transpired over the past few months, and how she feels currently toward her situation. I would ask the patient to talk with me as a friend so that we could work together to help her situation be positive rather than negative.

Question #2: A man comes to asking how he should handle he should balance his financial and person goals. He has a full time job, making minimum wage. He is not able to adequately support his wife and child. His wife wants him to look for a different job. The problem is that is like the minimal amount of responsibility with this part time job, however, this is causing great tension between him and his wife.

Mr James: Once I was able to get all of the exact details from the gentleman, I would tell him that there is one simple strategy towards finding a solution to this dilemma. I would tell the man that he needs to honestly answer the following question, "What is more important to you, your job with minimal responsibility or your wife and child?" by answering this question, he will now if he should continue to work at his current job or look for a higher paying job.

Mr. Jones: I disagree with Mr. James on two levels. First, this is not a simple situation with a simple solution. I would begin by telling the man that he has done nothing wrong and we need to determine how his job makes him happy and how his family makes him happy and then go try and merge the two. Second, it is not a matter of more importance, it is a situation of having a positive balance in both the professional and the personal life. I would utilize the empty chair technique. I would have an empty chair in the session with us and give the patient the chance to talk to the chair as if it were his wife and have him tell his wife how her comments make him feel and try to work out a compromise. I would allow him the chance to tell his wife that by him being happy in his professional life this allows him to be happy and successful in his personnel life.

Mr. James, concluding remarks:
I would caution my college that without allowing the two patients to accept responsibility for their actions he is not addressing the issues that need addressed. Rather, he is exploring the patients feeling without any structure or plan. This will not result in answers, but, rather will result in confusion and lack of success.

Mr. Jones, concluding remarks:
While my college has his opinions, I would state that his judgment and strict discipline will only serve to make the patients feel that they must please the therapist rather than feeling that the therapist is there to facilitate help, not give ultimatums. In both instances, the patient needs to know and understand that they have a judgment free environment. By doing this, true results from the patient will be experiences.

It was a pleasure doing this for you. Please remember to click one of the happy or excited icons so that I may be paid. I look forward to helping you with your next assignment.
Have a wonderful Wednesday
Lisa
Kiss
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exp.