Dr. Wilson
Dr. Wilson, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  JD in law and BA in English-UCLA; Research/ writing expert
16445198

Objective:To prepare an argument essay of 900 to 1,200words

Customer Question

Objective:
To prepare an argument essay of 900 to 1,200
words that also uses another pattern of development.
Topic:
 Persuade a family member that the world today is better
than it was 50 years ago

You may choose a negative stance, such as persuading
a family member that the world was better 50 years ago
than today.
Patterns of Development: Argument in combination with at
least one other pattern of development
Purpose: The purpose is twofold:
¡ Persuade the reader to agree with the writerfs position
(primary purpose)
¡ Express the writerfs feelings about the reader taking
action on the topic (secondary purpose)
Audience: As designated with topic, but write to a disagreeing
audience. (Do not write to an agreeing audience or to a neutral
or wavering audience.)

Read more: Objective: To prepare an argument essay of 900 to 1,200 words - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/long-paper/6n65r-objective-prepare-argument-essay-900-1-200-words.html#ixzz1wSU0WgZ6
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. When is this assignment due? Thank You!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can wait till 2 hours

I have a sample paper that you can use as a model for your assignment to give you an idea of what to write. Do not use the exact paper though because it was been used already. However, the paper is excellent and will give you ideas and how to set your paper up in the correct format.

Let me know if you would be interested in that and I can send it right away.
I see that you are really pressed for time. Here is the paper. Hopefully it will meet your needs.

I had to put the ***********
in between the paragraph breaks because it did not paste correctly.
**********The society in which we live in is one of the greatest
nations ever because we are fortunate to live in a free society. There
are so many opportunities available that it becomes mind boggling .
With our ever changing society, one comes to the realization that life
today is much different than it was in the past. In fact, the world
today is better than it was 50 years ago as a result of technological
advances, conservation movements, higher global intelligence,
scientific research, civil reform movements, and greater opportunities
for youth.**************The greatest change in our society has been the
technological changes. With a click of a computer mouse or the tap of a
touch screen, a world of information is at our fingertips through
computers via the internet. Individuals can utilize the internet almost
like an encyclopedia to view, learn, and find information. Gone are the
past days of using a card catalogue to research information which was
rather time consuming and often required the assistance of the
librarian. Even "snail mail" from the USPS is becoming less utilized
because of e mail capabilities. Furthermore, cell phones even allow us
to stay connected and communicate from anyplace at anytime. Other
technological advances which have added to the luxuries of our lives
are i touches, i pads, digital cameras, HDtv, 3-D tv, video cameras,
video game systems, and GPS devices. Even our homes are saturated with
much needed up to date appliances like microwaves, dishwashers,
sub-zero refrigerators, self-cleaning ovens, and self-propelled vacuum
cleaners that make daily tasks much easier.**********In addition to
technology, there has also been a powerful movement to conserve our
resources. The motto, "Reduce, reuse, and recycle," has permeated the
minds of all individuals. In days past, people would use our natural
resources as if there was no tomorrow. However, conservationists have
come to the forefront to let us know that our resources will be
depleted if we are not more mindful. The landfills are overflowing and
many are filled so we are basically propelled to become more eco-savvy.
Many households have recycling bins for regular trash, recyclable trash
such as bottles, cans, plastic, and paper, and plant waste. Many
companies are even using biodegradable products to make them more
environmentally friendly. Working class citizens are even encouraged to
use public transportation or carpool to save gas and cut down on
pollution. We all must work together for Mother Earth.**********Our
society is also better than 50 years ago because of higher global
intelligence. In the mid 1900's, there were many wars that resulted in
many American deaths. Our country is much safer today than 50 years
ago. Our central intelligence agencies are constantly searching for
unmanned drones, cruise missiles, and even nuclear threats. Strategic
targeting systems and night vision continue to be some aspects that
maintain our national security. We do not have to live in fear. We do
not have to be awakened in the middle of the night to the sound of
emergency signals ringing throughout the neighborhood to warn of
impending danger, though they were most often for practice.
Furthermore, our government deploys thousands of soldiers worldwide to
prevent enemy attacks in order to keep us safe. There is just no place
like home...a safe and secure home.**********Another reason why our
country is much better than 50 years ago is because of the scientific
research. Medical researchers are able to treat and even cure many
serious medical conditions such as certain cancers, diabetes, and even
heart disease. Thus, the life expectancy of human beings has even
increased. Such researchers are constantly discovering the precursors
to certain conditions and trying to educate the public in order to
prevent them. Everybody wants to live a long life. Nowadays, it is
possible to live to 80, 90, and even 100. Living to that age 50 years
ago was a rarity.**********Society is even much better today because of
the civil reform movements. Racism and prejudice still do exist but not
as prevalent as it was 50 years ago. Everyone has equal opportunities
to attend school, seek employment, and live in desired areas. Gone are
the days of minorities being blasted with water hoses and even jailed
while simply trying to voice their opinions. Additionally, women even
have the same rights as men. Gone are the "I Love Lucy" and "My Three
Sons" days of women being tied to the kitchen cooking and cleaning and
servicing their husbands and children. Everybody has a voice. Everybody
is somebody.**********A final reason why society is better today than
50 years ago is because of the opportunities for our youth. They can be
involved in any sport from ice hockey to karate to gymnastics to
football to bowling. If sports is not their forte, they may chose to
enhance their musical talents by taking piano, drum, electric guitar,
voice, and flute lessons just to name a few. Furthermore, many youths
are even enhancing their academic skills by taking after school
classes, Saturday school, and summer school. Many classes are even held
on college campuses. There is absolutely no excuse for our youth ever
to say, "I am bored!"**********All in all, our world is not perfect but
it is far better than it was 50 years ago. We are very privileged to
have all that is available to us today. You must embrace the advances
that have been made and not look back to the past of 50 years ago when
society had minimal developments. It is important to realize that
advances take time. However, it helps to be adaptable to the changing
aspects of life because change is often for the good. Therefore, it is
important to seek to improve such changes for future generations. Just
imagine what society what society will be like in the next 50
years?***********************Feel free to add anything else ;)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If it's been used my instrctor will not accept it . As I said before I already failed that exam and this is my last chance. If you don't have time for now I can wait until tomorrow

What is the latest time that you would be willing to accept the assignment tomorrow? I am on the west coast.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
9 AM will be ok
Got your message too late. Question is open to other experts.
Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I see that the other expert opted out. This is Dr. Wilson. Do you still need this essay written?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still need it please
OK then I will get started.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am still waiting please
Please relist your question.
Hi. Just click here to retrieve your document. Let me know if you need any changes. Good luck. Dr. Wilson
Did you get the document?
-
Did you get the document. I sent it days ago. I put a lot of work into it, so it should be good.
Hi. I just wanted you to know that just because the question says, "timed out" doesn't mean you can't still pay me for all of my hard work that I did for you. All you have to do is click the ACCEPT button, and I will get paid. The "timed out" part has no bearing on anything what so ever. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay because i thought that you were not interesting anymore and unfortunately i can not open the link you've sent to me I will check later with another computer and let you know.

Hi there. You should have told me that you were having trouble opening the document. I have pasted it below for your convenience:

50 Years Ago

By: Your Name

50 Years Ago

People always go on and on about how great things were 50 years ago. They call it, “The good o'l days.” I am here to argue that things are much better today than they were fifty years ago. Fifty years ago puts us back to the 1960's. For the sake of argument, 50 years ago will represent 1950 through 1970. The world today has better medicines, better travel, better ways to facilitate business, better international relations and better rights for women and minorities.

Better Medicine.

Over the past half-century, amazing strides have been made in the medical field. For example, it used to be that if a person got diagnosed with cancer, it was basically a death sentence. Now, the survival rate is five times what it was in 1970. Additionally, an article just came out about how a tiny little man-made heart kept a baby alive until it could find a matching donor. The biggest feat in medicine is the mapping of the genome and DNA testing. Hundreds of those wrongly convicted of crimes have been exonerated via DNA testing, and arguably thousands more have been acquitted at trial for the same reason. Modern medicine has done wonders for innocent people wrongly convicted. And gene therapy has allowed thousands more to have their own bodies rebuild themselves...a human ear was even grown on the back of a rat for someone who lost their ear!

Travel.

The Boeing 747-400 was introduced in 1989 and was a huge leap, technology and performance-wise over the older, and really aging 747's. It was the first of the 747's to have an all-glass, computerized cockpit as well as fly-by-wire and improvements to the structure (bigger, more fuel-efficient, longer range)..until the A380 goes into full service, the 747-400 is still king of long-range airline flight. Militarily, the submarines, jets and ground vehicles are all high-tech and most can be driven remotely which means less military is put in harm's way. The cars made modernly have GPS to guide drivers to keep them from getting lost (and for the men, save their dignity by not having to pull over to ask for directions), and On Star to turn the car off if it gets stolen. Although the body styles modernly are not as cool as they were fifty years ago, it is what is under the hood that counts.

Better Technology for Computers, Cell phones.

The past 50 years are referred to the information explosion. The technological advances that have been made are astounding and effects nearly every facet of life. There have been more technological advances in the past 20 years than in the entire span of man's recorded history on Earth: Digital cameras/webcams, video games, arcade and home versions, HDTV, the Internet, namely public access to the Internet, cell phones, word-processing software such as Microsoft Word and WordPerfect,
creative software like Broderbund's Print Shop and Create-A-Card, Digital sound recording, MIDI, just to name a few.

Better International Relations.

There is, and has always been instability in the middle east. But fifty years ago, the U.S. had nukes pointed out them. Russia and America had their long-lasting cold war that kept the entire world on edge, wondering if a nuclear war was imminent. Then there was the Cuban missile crisis and the Berlin wall. All of these threats no longer exist, or at least not in the way they did 50 years ago. Around the world today democracy is toppling the old out-dated dictatorships of the past.

Better Rights for Women and Minorities.

Fifty years ago or so, women and minorities were still fighting for equal rights. In the 50's, the US was laden with separate, but equal facilities for blacks and whites. Women who worked made less money working in the same position, with the same education of their male counterparts made significantly less money simply by virtue of the fact that they were not men. What is touching today is to watch young children at school, of all nationalities, races and creeds playing together with absolutely no idea that anyone was less important then themselves based upon those plaques of the past. Actually, kids never on their own know the difference between different races of people. They just want to play and have fun. It has always been the adults who exemplify the foolish behavior such as discrimination or prejudice. Unfortunately, as kids grow, they learn all about it from adults. Nonetheless, it is touching to see how when kids are taught about how blacks used to be separated in the United States in schooling, in housing, even in drinking fountains (a black fountain for blacks and a white fountain for whites), the kids kind of giggle because to them it seems so silly. Kids are taught how racist things used to be, rather than, like 50 years ago, having to live in the midst of discriminatory times.

Miscellaneous.

Microwaves, the Hubble space telescope, the Mars rovers Spirit & Opportunity, 4.5 second and 335 mph Top Fuel dragsters, automotive air bags & ABS braking systems, the X43A HyperX project, Burt Rutan's Spaceship One (Antari X-prize winner)...how did anyone ever live without these?

In comparison to today, yesteryear was really slow...and boring. The human mind was meant to excel, invent, innovate, create. The past 50 years has propelled the human mind into territory that no one could have even imagined 50 years ago. This is the most exciting times to have ever lived. If humans can just learn to put aside their petty differences and work together, everyday in the future could be like Christmas.

References

Cancer Facts and Figures, (2012). Retrieved from:

http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-031941.pdf

Life Now Compared to 50 Years Ago, PPRune, Professional Pilots Rumour Network. Retrieved from:

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/97390-life-now-compared-50-years-ago.html

Michael Day (2012), Baby Saved After Doctors Use Smallest Man-Made Heart. The Independent. Retrieved from:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/baby-saved-after-doctors-use-smallest-manmade-heart-7786184.html

Shane Richmond and Ian Douglas, (2009), 50 Technological Advances Your Kids Will Laugh At. Retrieved from:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6398896/50-technological-advances-your-children-will-laugh-at.html

Dr. Wilson, Doctoral Degree
Experience: JD in law and BA in English-UCLA; Research/ writing expert