verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.
44340502

Curriculum Guides for Academic Interventions 1) A curriculum

Customer Question

Curriculum Guides for Academic Interventions

1) A curriculum guide is a packet of practical ideas for teaching that is written in a convenient format as practical teaching notes for use in the future by either you or your colleagues. It is a how-to guide that covers steps for achieving specific objectives, principles governing behavior, or descriptions of effective teaching strategies, interventions, and accommodations that a special educator can use in the classroom. The guide might include:

a) The title of the strategy or principle.

b) An explanation of its educational purpose (goal or objective).

c) A task analysis of teacher and student activities.

d) Student assessment procedures.

e) References for each strategy or principle.

2) Create a curriculum guide for teaching an academic subject with additional learning strategies and possible behavioral interventions for any off-task student. Include practical information necessary for effective teaching of students with EBD.

3) Grading criteria: The curriculum guide should be sufficiently accurate, thorough, and clear to such a degree that the reader can implement the strategies. This should be useable by any of the teachers in the student's school. This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment's drop box.

4) APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.

Thank you,
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, and thank you for the request. This assignment is a large undertaking. Do you have a specific grade level or subject? When is this due?

Thanks,

Gwyn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a paper you wrote before and I just wanted to use it as a templet. It was a year ago and I found it yahoo search.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for responding. I will find the file for you in a few moments.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thnx what would the charge be? Thanks so much.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. The amount you have offered on the posting for this assignment is $40. I would get half of that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So the paper will be 40 and you only get 20 wow! Ok I have seen your feedback and it looks great I would love to work with you on this. If you have any questions my # XXXXX XXXXX email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX thanks do much!
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I do my very best. I'm at home with my little one, so this is my full-time job, and I take it seriously. :-)

Below are the two maps I have done. Look over them. Then, if you need any advice for the one you have written, then send it my way, and I'll help you with it. We can't exchange personal emails on the site, so all communication will go through here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hw9biqwpas2vq5f

http://www.mediafire.com/?o5bcz312h7y45cv

Thanks so much,

Gwyn
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok sorry for that, this is the same paper you wrot before correct , I payed to view it before and it was locked and the sight said it wasn't there responsibility to unlock it. I will view this when I get back to my computer thanks again.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is. A new one takes approximately 4-6 hours to complete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will view it whe I get to a computer, thx again Gwyn.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are both of these one document or two seperate one? thanks

Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
They are two separate ones. I will check them to make sure I sent you both models.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks I confirm today on payment.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I will receive credit once you click accept.

Have a great weekend,

Gwyn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you interested in writing this one? and how much?

• a) Make a three-column chart with the following column headings: Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation. Using your notes from your practicum experience, complete the columns according to the following:
  • i) In the Observation column, explain what you observed in terms of instructional practice, behavior interventions and modifications, and systems. Be thorough and complete in your observations.
  • ii) In the Reflection column, write your reflection in terms of whether or not you believe this instruction, behavior, or system is effective. Do this for each observation you make. Support your opinion with information you have gained from this course (lecture, text, discussion, etc.).
  • iii) In the Recommendation column, discuss what you would recommend in terms of improving that which you observed (be specific). Use the course lectures, readings, and discussion forum to inform this recommendation.

Rubric

Criteria

1: Unsatisfactory

2: Less Than Satisfactory

3: Satisfactory

4: Good

5: Excellent

Instructional, Behavior Interventions/ Modifications, and Systems Observations and Reflections (45%)

Observations are vague and all three categories are not stated.

Two of three category observations are stated and briefly discussed in terms of their effectiveness and ineffectiveness.

Each category has a minimum of three observations; each is reflected upon in terms of its effectiveness and ineffectiveness.

Each category has a minimum of five observations; each is reflected upon in terms of its effectiveness and ineffectiveness.

Reflection of effectiveness and ineffectiveness is thorough and logical.

Recommendations for Improvement (45%)

No improvement recommendations are made.

Recommendations for improvement are made for some of the observations, but they are sketchy.

Recommendations for improvement are made for all observations and are informed by course material and discussion.

Recommendations are credible and viable.

Recommendations indicate an insightful understanding of the subject matter.

Organization and Mechanics (10%)

Three-Column Chart and APA-Style Title Page

Chart is not used for assignment nor are columns titled as required. No title page is included.

Chart is used. Title page is not in APA style.

Columns are titled as required. Title page is in APA style.

All information is present in the chart, and described correctly.

Chart goes beyond just describing the information-explains observations, recommendations, and the influence that the recommendations will have for long-term goals.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Grade 6 EBD

Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. When is this one due?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Saterday
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
That won't be a problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would it cost, thanks
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Give me a moment and I'll see if I can find the other one I did like this and give you a word count. From what I remember, I'm thinking it would cost the $40. + a 10.00 bonus. Does that sound fair to you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
50 total yes I believe so.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are talking all original correct, I saw you said you wrote one before. When do you think it will be complete, thatnks again Gwyn.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Yes, it will be brand new for you. :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Gwyn this one is due by 2/10 would you want to do it as well?

Portfolio Assignment: Teaching Toolbox

1) This portfolio is to preserve materials created in this class for future use in the classroom. The following sections should be included in the portfolio:

2) Introduction

a) Provide an overview of the portfolio.

3) Professional Presentation

a) Choose a topic from the course and define an audience (e.g., educators, administration, parents, students, legislators, etc.) for the presentation.

b) Design a professional presentation in the format of a PowerPoint, workshop, or video. Include anticipatory set (introduction that captures participation attention); objective, instructional content relating to the objective, participant activities, assessment of and by participants, and closure.

c) Conduct the presentation with at least one member of your SPED team. Obtain feedback from participant(s) and include summary of feedback at the end of presentation. Include the strengths and areas of improvement.

d) Include specific evidence from coursework that demonstrates achievement of course objectives and personal goals in the following areas: foundations and models (EBD), assessment, causes, facets, interventions, and teaching strategies for students with EDB.

e) Provide two pieces of evidence for each category, a rational for choosing each piece, and an evaluation of current skills in the area.

4) Reflective Evaluation: Take the time to reflect on these past 8 weeks and the topics covered. Reflect on what kind of teacher you would like to be.

a) How are you going to get there?

b) During the past 8 weeks, which topics these were of most relevance to you?

c) Review the course objectives and write a statement about what you have learned.

d) Develop plans to continue your professional development in the field of special education. Summarize your reflections in a 1,000-1,250 word paper.

5) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.

Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Because I am not in a school at the moment, there is no way that I could help you with this one. If you were to do it on your own, then I could polish it up for you. That's the best I can do with this one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok sounds good, thnx
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was just wondering about the paper we agreed on that is due tomorrow, how is it coming? Thanks
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
All's well. I am working on that one next.

:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thnx so much
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Let me know if this works for you. I got carried away and wrote a lot more than usual. (no change in the price, btw)

http://www.box.com/s/1ydlnqoqr3ll5ers59zt

verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have another job if you would like it?

• i) Identify a minimum of 10 accommodations and/or modifications that the teachers used to assist students with physical and/or health impairments. Describe them in detail and then evaluate them according to research findings from a minimum of five references. Use the GCU eLibrary for your research. Make suggestions regarding more appropriate accommodations and/or modifications. This section of your essay is entitled Research-based Evaluation of Accommodations and/or Modifications.
  • ii) Select three accommodations/modifications to implement with a student who has a physical or health impairment (you may use three different students if desired). Implement them under the auspices of the mentor teacher. Have your classroom teacher complete the Classroom Teacher Evaluation Form, which should be submitted along with the Benchmark Assessment. Conduct the implementation with the following questions in mind for the section of the essay entitled Self-evaluation of Accommodations/Modifications Implementation:
  • (1) What were the accommodations/modifications you implemented? Why did you choose them?
  • (2) Did the implementation of the accommodations/modification unfold smoothly and effectively? Why or why not?
  • (3) What element(s) of the accommodations/modification was/were most effective?
  • (4) What aspect(s) of the accommodations/modification was/were difficult to facilitate? Did it negatively impact the overall success of the lesson? How so?
  • (5) How did you interpret the level of student engagement and motivation during the implementation of the accommodations/modifications? How would you suggest it to be modified to heighten its effectiveness?
  • (6) Defend your use of, or your rejection of, each accommodations/modification within this section of the essay.
  • 1) Obtain parental permission to access the student's IEP (or choose one of the three students). Analyze the student's IEP and answer the following questions as the third section of your Benchmark Assessment essay entitled IEP Analysis:
  • (1) Which accommodations/modifications are listed in the IEP that would be effective to use with this student?
  • (2) Which accommodations/modifications are listed in the IEP that would not be effective to use with this student?
  • (3) Are there any modifications/accommodations that are not considered or discussed in the IEP that would be effective to use with this student? Explain.
  • ii) Write a 1250-1500 word essay that encompasses the three sections. Ensure that responses to the above questions are inherent within the essay and not simply short answer. Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is required. Cite in-text and in the References section.
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I am not in a school at the moment, and for this to be authentic, I would need to work with students. Therefore, I am unable to help you with this one.

Gwyn