BetterBusness
BetterBusness,

Neuromotor IEP 1) Choose a student with traumatic brain

Neuromotor IEP

1) Choose a student with traumatic brain injury, seizure disorders, cerebral palsy, or spinal cord disorders.

a) Design and evaluate two appropriate individualized education goals to meet the needs of the student.

b) Analyze the type of injury or disorder, what are the specific disabilities of the disorder?

c) What are the salient complications as a result of the injury or disorder?

d) What are the financial effects and assistance in the educational system?

e) Discuss treatment options.

f) Discuss the rehabilitation.

2) Write an essay of 1,000-1,250 words that includes specific issues surrounding the disorder, and the design and evaluation of appropriate individualized education goals.

3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.

I choose a kid that has Cerebal Palsy
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  BetterBusness replied 2 years ago.

Hi I can assist with this question if agreeable?

thank you

toneemarie

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I started the paper. How can I send it to you in word? Here it is.

Neuromotor IEP

I choose to observe a Christian a student that has cerebral palsy. Students, who have cerebral palsy (CP), may not be able to walk, talk, eat or play in the same ways as majority of other kids. Cerebral palsy is caused by an injury to the brain before, during, or shortly after birth. In a lot of cases, no one knows for sure what caused the brain injury or what may have been done to prevent the injury.

Sometimes injuries to a baby's brain happen while the baby is still in the mother's womb (prenatal). The injury might be caused by an infection or by an accident in which the mother is hurt. If a mother has a medical problem such as high blood pressure or diabetes, this can also cause problems in the baby. There may be problems during birth such as the baby not getting enough oxygen, or a difficult delivery in which the baby's brain is injured. Problems after birth may happen when a baby is born too soon (premature delivery) and his body is not ready to live outside his mother's womb. Even babies born at the right time can have infections, or bleeding in their brain which causes a brain injury because the brain is still...

Hemiplegia

Quadriplegia

Speech is limited

Hand writing limited

Weak facial muscles

Left hand curled

Trunk central seating

Powerwheel chair

Poor muscle

Insurance does not pay enough

Had to get a new van to accommodate Christian

Remodel the house

Therapys disrupts life

Not enough programs for students with CP

I-Prep

Repetition (Math, English, important things)

Different ways of learning

Retention time is different

School gave money to learn on a computer

e) Discuss treatment options.

Speech in school 3x a week

OT 1 hour each for 2 days a week

PT 1 hour each for 2 days a week

Training on computer

f) Discuss the rehabilitation.

Therapy (PT, OT, & Speech)

Rock Climing, Cage Therapy

Aquadcs

Marshal Arts

Hi Great start. I will just cut/paste and fill in more detail for each area up to 1200 words right?

Thanks

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes should I come up with goals? i was having a really hard time with that. I am not sure why I am having a hard time writing this paper.

No problem I got it.:o)

Can you tell me what OT , I-Prep, and PT are please? Don't want to make assumptions.

Also for a) math and reading goal will moving up half a grade level by the end of a year or a full grade be adequate. The plan can then be built around taking steps to achieve this milestone.

Also did you have an age range in mind? I was thinking a child in elementary school. Possibly 2nd grade.

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OT - occupational therapy
PT - physical therapy
I-prep - I am not sure of yet can u give me 2hours I have an IEP in front of me that i have to go over

goals r great. and 2nd grade is good too! thank you for ur help!! n

Hi Gina, here is the info.

http://www.4shared.com/document/DNB6U25E/ja-cp-assessment.html

Available for 2 days then I can close/lock the file so it cannot be copied.

thanks,

tm

BetterBusness,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it looks great do you think i should change the beginning?

No it looks more like your own words with that beginning :o)

Unless they want a more formal intro?

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't when I get to a computer that has MS Word tomorrow I will accept it. Sorry I do a lot of work through my iPhone so it is a little hard for me. I am in the process of getting a new computer.

ok, thanks. Have a good night.

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for everything! I was wondering if you would be able to help me with this paper this weekend? It is due by Sunday 11/6/11

Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal Disorders IEP

1) Develop an IEP of 1,000-1,250 words that includes a design and evaluations of the appropriate individualized education goals and the issues surrounding the disorder.

b) Analyze the type of disorder. What are the specific disabilities associated with the disorder?

e) Discuss treatment options.

f) Discuss the rehabilitation.

g) Discuss appropriate educational interventions to address these situations.

h) Describe the teacher's responsibilities in terms of meeting the needs of students with curvature of the spine, hip conditions, limb deficiency, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and musculoskeletal disorders.