Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

Well... My mom allowed me to drive her 07 es 300. I went to

Customer Question

Hello.
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well... My mom allowed me to drive her 07 es 300. I went to roll up the window but I didn't fully start the car. I forgot to press the button to turn off the car. I thought the battery was dead.... so I had someone try to jump it. The battery will not turn over... and now there's a red security light blinking We tried unplugging the battery .... but it still shows up
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: well... shoot. It was blinking There was a time that it stayed solid but it went back to blinking. not flashing. if by flashing you mean "faster" than blink
JA: Are you fixing your ES 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well... I'm stuck in the parking lot of my work. haha
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Um... I can't think of anything. The monitor in the middle doens't work or does the air conitioning but my mom said it was a fuse issue but I know this is because I left the battery on.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Make sure the Battery is charged or replaced it , the anti theft is triggered on

we can reset it this way as long the battery is good now

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Chad.It started. I guess I needed to let it sit for awhile.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
Please kindly rate Me ,Your 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,
You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert
that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 days ago.

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Chad