Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2008 lexus gs 350 no ecu signal no transmisson signal

Customer Question

Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you saying there is no communication with the ecu itself using a compatible scan tool plugged into your model?

Can you fully describe the fault you are seeing here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when ever i try to scan the car with my snapon scaner everything read except the engine and the transmisstion it said no communication and i already replaced the engine computer and when i replaced it its start reading everything right after when i tried to start the car i click the start and i lost all the communication with the eng and tra and i left the car for the next day i got back the signal and when i tried to start it i lost the communication again.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

Check and see if you have any damaged wiring leading to the computer itself or loose or corroded battery cables at or leading to the battery.This will cause this fault here as I have seen and had to correct before.it causes a low voltage issue causing this fault.The low voltage will cause the blip in communications and may come back right away or after the vehicle sits.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know but I suspect a power or ground loss due to a bad wire or battery connection issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i check all the wiring is good and the battery is good and the car is clean title no have any damage
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried wiggling the harness at all to see if it acts up or corrects itself when wiggled?This would be the engine harness in all different areas on the engine.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the problem the signal for the transmission p r n d when i concat on the signal for the p r n d no in the dash and the check engine light is off when the concat on
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

This is a difficult question for me to fully answer from here myself.Others may be able to assist on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you