Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

The AC stopped while i was driving, the A/C light blinked a

Customer Question

The AC stopped while i was driving, the A/C light blinked a few times then it stopped
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: The A/C light for my Lexus Rx350, it blinked a few times then stay on steady
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Rx 350
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, after a few weeks, the driver's side AC stopped colling as well I have had to refill the gas a few times As i can't find someone to solve the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can help you better.I read your notes and have a question before we start. Are you going to fix this yourself and what have you done so far?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Peter, yes I'd like to fix myself, and I haven't done anything yet. Only checked if the compressor and fan are working and yes both working.

Ok thanx for that info. If you have a code reader capable of pulling up A/C codes that would be happy to start with . the other thing is to check the A/C drive belt for cracks and tightness. The light blinks and comes on because the

ECU for that system has detected a fault for that system.