Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I drove my car and parked it 3 hours ago I just came out and

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I drove my car and parked it 3 hours ago I just came out and checked the engine on the front is still heated
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I can feel the hot air from the front
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: it's Lexus 2006 es330
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just don't know why it has been 3 hours and the front engine is still not completely cool down
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Is the cooling fan running?

Still hot like 200 degrees hot?

Was it overheating when you parked it?

Do you often check to see how long it takes the car to cool off?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no, it's just a little heated
I put my hand on the front of my car and I can feel the warm heat coming out
I don't usually check the car, but it's around 40 degree outside now and it has been 3 hours since I parked

As long as the vehicle does not overheat when driving and the cooling fan is not running longer than 10 minutes after shutting off then there is nothing to worry about. It is going to take a while for all the hot coolant and oil and engine and transmission to cool off and match ambient air temp. I do not know what that time length is but I would expect some heat still there at 3 hours. There is about 4 gallons of fluid and about 900 pounds of metal under the hood at about 205 degrees F. It will take a while to get cold.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris