Amedee
Amedee, Lexus Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Will not start or turn over. Replace battery, No, GS 300

Customer Question

Will not start or turn over. Replace battery
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: GS 300 lexus 2006
JA: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replace battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fan come on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

Do the headlights come on? What about the dome light?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the lights come.
When I try to start the vehicle the cooling fan come on
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

Does it click at all when in the starter position? If so, does it click once or multiple times?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

If there is no sound at all, this simply be a faulty starter motor. This is very common. You would have to check for voltage going to the starter motor with switch in the CRANK position just to be sure. If there is power but the starter is not activating, the starter is bad and will need to be replaced.

Also, be sure all fuses are good as well. This system uses a few different modules to control the starting circuit on this vehicle. All modules get powered up through various fuses so be sure to confirm they are all good. Both under the hood and inside the vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

I am glad I can help!

Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!