Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I took my 2007 Lexus IS 250 for diagnosing and they gave me

Customer Question

Hi, I took my 2007 Lexus IS 250 for diagnosing and they gave me codes P0751, P2714, and C1201. Also my traction, VSC and check engine lights are on. This all started with me braking hard to avoid hitting a large cone on a downhill road.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have reset the computer and that removed all the lights, but then I braked hard again to avoid being hit by another vehicle and the minute I braked, they all came back again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know the causes of all these codes and could they be due to a faulty ECU? Also the repair costs. Thank you
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** Toyota ,aster tech here to help. with that group of codes I would erase them and see if any or which ones may come back. Lexus actualy knows about this an an ECU flash may correct it or replacement. These codes are not related to a single cause. T ABS and or VSC lights come on randomly if a trouble code is encountered by the ECU. So first to do is erase codes and see what comes back if anything. (2) contact Lexus and check if there is a Ecu update.