Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My cruse control doesn't not come on. No light no nothing.

Customer Question

My cruse control doesn't not come on. No light no nothing. I'm not even sure if there is any power going to the accurator
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: Yes it's supposed to part of the heater fuse 15 amp. It's a 3.0
JA: What is the model of your '15 Lexus?
Customer: 99 lexus 300rx all wheel drive
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm working on it myself. I've replaced the actuator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's been since yesterday and I still haven't received a response. What's the story
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm ready

We need to do all the primary checks first using this diagram. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/rcruise.pdf

• cruise ECU pin 3 power in park and neutral
  • cruise ECU pin 9 power with the key on
  • cruise ECU pin 16 ground
  • cruise actuator pin 4 ground
  • cruise actuator pin 3 to pin 9 at the cruise ECU. When ohm testing at both of these pressing and releasing the brake pedal should result in open/closed circuit.
  • cruise ECU pin 2 should result in power and no power with the brake pedal applied and released.
  • cruise ECU pin 10 ohm tested to ground. Each cruise button pressed should result in a different reading

More tests https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/cruisetest.pdf

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris