Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a check VSC, ECB, and VGRS on the display. I have a

Customer Question

I have a check VSC, ECB, and VGRS on the display. I have a triangle light, brake light, traction control light, airbag light, and another light on. I've pulled codes C1203, C1345, and B1801.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: I think the car has a bad clock spring, maybe a bad gas cap, loose wire on an idle sensor or O2 sensor. I think it may have a week battery that is causing it to throw codes. The brakes are weird, they grab hard and release slowly. It needs new tires on the front. The C1345 code mentions something about linear valve.? I don't know what that is. It may need new front brakes and rotors.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2006 GS 430 I don't think anything is interfering with the seatbelt latch
JA: Are you fixing your GS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet, still diagnosing and deciding what direction to go. I am fixing it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If all of these issues occurred at the same time here and you know for sure you have a weak battery I would have the battery replaced,then clear out all fault codes and operate the vehicle again and see if any of these codes come back.If they come back let me know here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I replaced the battery today. It did not clear the codes. In fact I can't clear the codes. They pop as soon as I clear them. The battery was weak and needed replacement anyway, so I back to thinking clock spring and brakes. Or adjusting the linear brake setting. How is that done?
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

Unfortunately I do not show the info on how to adjust the linear brake setting here.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete