sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2007 Lexus ES 350 I had a amp and speakers

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Lexus ES 350 I had a amp and speakers installed and it recently drained my battery so I bought a new one and got one new terminal cause it was not getting tight enough so I replaced that and drained my battery agian in one night so now I had to jump it but it will not stay charged and right now I'm holding it. Started in park but I got to give it gas just so it won't die Any suggestions please
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Any electrical component that receives a constant power feed can cuse a battery draw but if the problem started after having an amp installed then I would first suspect the amp. It isn't uncommon for an aftermarket amp to cause a draw.

An ignition off draw test would need to be done to determine what component is causing the draw. If you don't have an ammeter and are hoping to diagnose it yourself then I would recommend disconnecting the power feed from the amp, charge the battery properly and see if the battery stops dying.