lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a 2002 Lexus ls430 been working on for a month have

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Lexus ls430 been working on for a month have codes po330 and po325 . I have replaced the knock sensor harness with new from Lexus harness , I have replaced the knock sensors twice one time with after market and once with NAPA knock sensors which are supposed to be the same as factory at least the cost is. I have replaced the ECM , premium fuel octane booster , ran new ground from engine to frame , nothing has worked runs great until engine light comes on then timing retards and runs sluggish ready to burn car customer ready to burn me
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: did you not read what I just typed
JA: What is the model of your '02 Lexus?
Customer: ls430
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: who are you
JA: I am Pearl, the Lexus mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: then read what I typed in first all info there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i gave him everything
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Relist: Other.
have not heard from himk
Customer: replied 20 days ago.

are you going to be able to handle this

Expert:  david craig replied 19 days ago.

Hi Im David, the knock sensors as you know are picking up pings and knocks from the block due to ignition abnormalities, giving that information to the computer to advance or retard the timing to optimize engine performance. Has it ever occurred to you to check the timing?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Yes I have done that every thing line's up after watching several videos I'm going to Lexus and new knock sensors I think NAPA lied to me

NAPA just wanted you to but their sensors.. you know as well as i nothing beats actual dealer oem