Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I have an ES 350 and my driver side window has been down

Customer Question

Hello! I have an ES 350 and my driver side window has been down when I get ready to leave the house. It was up when I locked it the night before.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: It's the first time it's happened. I have 74K on it.
JA: What year is your ES?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just started researching it because I thought the first time it happened, I thought I put the window down, but since it happened twice, I know it wasn't me and I knew I put it up last night.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- we need to check the master window switch ?

2- Unless the window motor regulator broke and the window fell inside the door ?

3- is it still working now , does it go up & down ?

4- i sent you some diagrams for your review

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hello Chad,1) I can roll up the window form the driver side master switch and roll it down with no problems.2) the window will roll up from the drivers side just fine so I don't think there is a problem with the motor regulator3) Yes, it works when I use the master switch on the drivers side. I can put the window up and down.Thanks,Mike

Hey man how are you

1-between the driver door & The car cabin there is a wiring harness that goes thru to the master window switch , you need to check that harness , open the door and move the harness by hand ,does the window drops .from opening & closing the door the wires will break and touch each other intermittently

that is one possibility i seen on that issue

2- if the wiring harness is okay ,pull master switch out & use electrical contact cleaner and clean the switch & retest

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 25 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat