Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The heat isn't working, no leaks and coolant level is good,

Customer Question

the heat isn't working
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaks and coolant level is good
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 144,000 miles
JA: What year is your Lexus?
Customer: 2006 gs 300
JA: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i'm not
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked or tested to try and locate or repair this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
no, not yet
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

O.k.,if you can locate the heater core hoses leading into the firewall at the rear of the engine bay under the windshield area.Run the vehicle until warm turning on the heat to high speed.Locate these hoses ans grasp or touch each hose one at a time.There are 2 hoses.They should both be very warm to hot to the touch.If one is hot or warm and the other is allot colder this indicates the heater core is restricted needing either flushed out (which you can remove the hoses from the heater core when the car is cold and clamp off the hoses and use a garden hose to flush out the heater core flushing both ends back and forth then installing the hoses again and topping off the coolant) or the heater core needs replaced.

If both hoses are hot to the touch then the heater core is o.k. and most common can be the temp actuator on the heater box needing replaced.It can fail internally.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete