nelson freitas
nelson freitas,
Experience:  AutomotiveTechnician at brantford toyota
96947379

I have a 1992 Lexus that I put a 1994 engine and wiring. I

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Lexus that I put a 1994 engine and wiring. I need the wiring schematics for the fuse box under the hood and the under the dash top plug on the ECU.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Owners manual only give the fuses location. I need the wiring location on the plug in. Wire colors are different.
JA: What is the model of your '92 Lexus?
Customer: Es300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 27 days ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I need the last 8 of the vin in order to pull the wiring schematics.

And I need to know if it is automatic or manual transmission

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
JT8VK13T8N0081847 ES300 1992
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
It's a automatic vehicle.
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help you as I have connector views but no corresponding pinouts telling the wire color or what it goes to.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok thanks for your honesty.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
The fuse box in question is located on the left inner fender. It's 1994 box on a 1992. I have three wires on the vehicle that do not have a match. The White plug with 8 plugs slots, has white wire located in slot eight from 92 no matching wire on 1994 fuse box. The black plug has two small white wires this plug also has 8 slots wires are in 1 and 8. What does these wires operate. They plug well plug in the old fuse box and the 1994. But the car would not crank over. So I went to the junk yard and cut the plug and wires from a 1994. At first look, the wires match find. The same for the ECU, I understand that some wires will not be used do to passenger air bags. On the ECU I have red/blue with silver dots, Lite green/red with silver. Green/red with silver dots and black/white wire with silver and black white don't have a matching color on the 1994 ECU. All should be connected. Again I understand that the 1994 ECU will have wires that are needed. But the wires on the 1992 should be connected for the vehicle to operate. What do I do?
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 18 days ago.

My name is***** am a certified automotive technician and have been for over 12 years. I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

I was wondering if you were still looking for wiring schematics and pin out locations for your lexus?

Let me know if I can be of more assistance,

Nelson

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I have not been given the pin spec.