Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

92 ls400 clock does'nt lite up and stereo speakers on left

Customer Question

92 ls400 clock does'nt lite up and stereo speakers on left side are very quite. plus dash lites are out, only the gauge needles lite up. And the antenna does not work. thats enough for now. Thankyou, adam
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: fuses seam fine. dash bulbs ? it would have to be all of them , would'nt it ? Or a cluster ?
JA: What is the model of your '92 Lexus?
Customer: LS 400
JA: Are you fixing your LS 400 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will be. I am mechaniclly inclined. But this car is different. I have used electrical cleaner on the dimmers, the door jam lite moniters . have not taken off the dash cover yet. I guess it is a two stage cover.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it seems to have play in the steering wheel to where it wonders a bit. its a one owner diceased grandma car. 127k miles. in over all great shape. just needs TLC
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and see if you can locate any broken or damaged wires running from the fuse panels.In some cases this can cause a loss of voltage which can cause all of these issues at the same time here.Inspect for any corrosion as well in the fuse panels.If this is all o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete