Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Ac light is blinking on my 2006 lexus is 350 No AC, the

Customer Question

Ac light is blinking on my 2006 lexus is 350 No AC
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: the light on the dash, stays blinking
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is my first attempt, If it is something as easy as a relay than i will attempt to fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 24 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. When the AC light blinks, this is a programmed response form the AC amplifier to alert you of a problem. The problem that the light is indication is a loss of RPM signal form the sensor that measures the rotational speed of the internal shaft in the AC compressor. There is a sensor that is installed on (or in) the compressor that sends the RPM data to the AC amplifier. This is a safety feature; when the RPM data is lost, the compressor is supposed to shut down. This is in place to not cause the drive belt to burn apart in the event that the AC compressor has an internal fault and seizes. There are two kinds of AC compressors. One where you can change the sensor, the other is built in. Your Lexus dealer parts department can tell you which one you have by decoding your vehicle identification number in their parts computer. Either you have the sensor that can be replaced, or, you have to replace the compressor. Replacement of the compressor is not something you want to do without a means to catch and hold the refrigerant; after the installation, you need to introduce the precise amount of refrigerant back into the system. If you are inexperienced with AC repair/replacements, you might want to leave this one to the pros with the correct equipment.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please confirm you have received my input. Thanks.