Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lexus Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2007 Lexus RX with a dead battery for some time.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Lexus RX with a dead battery for some time. Allstate coming in next 1/2 hr to charge my battery, how far do I have to drive it to
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Lexus 350RX 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no and nothing Allstate coming in next 1/2 hour to charge battery just wanted to know how far to drive it to reset computer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for holding!

When the battery goes dead and then is replaced, this resets the on-board computer. To get the on-board computer and systems back to a ready state, the vehicle will need to be driven roughly 75-100 miles of combined city and highway driving. This is known as a "drive cycle". Lexus has issued a basic outline of the most efficient way to do the drive cycle. For best and quickest results, stay as close to the speeds and times indicated. You can download the drive cycle here: https://goo.gl/CiH9AN

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 30 days ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you get the drive cycle completed? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 28 days ago.

..