lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

2002 Lexus 430 is locked and only key is lost. Nearest

Customer Question

2002 Lexus 430 is locked and only key is lost. Nearest dealer is many miles away. Is there a way to unlock or start .Important papers in locked car.We are a used car dealer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Carl,

There is no way to start the car with out a working key, you best option is to contact a lock smith who can at least get you into the car to retrieve your papers/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Then what ? Must we has car transported to Lexus dealer so far away? I stated the distance to the dealer..it turns ou is is 260 miles
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately if the lock smith can not cut and program a new key for you then yes. If you can get a new key cut there is a way to reset it but it requires access to the dealer scan tool.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We sent money for basic membership on American Express a few days Ago. Please confirm. Thank you. Do we need to be charged for phone call?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

You are not charged for a phone call as I did not call you. You are only charged for the service if you rate the service.