Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ls 430 mirrors servos seem to be going crazy mirror loose

Customer Question

ls 430 mirrors servos seem to be going crazy mirror loose going down the road; i figure compression nut is loose on the mirror
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2003 Lexus LS430
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes; i struggled through the process on the passenger side and it works; just felt like I took a watch apart
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases if you can get the housing off you can check and locate the loose or damaged components and tighten or replace the affected component to resolve this issue.In most cases the entire mirror assembly will need replaced though as sometimes it is not an option to dissasemble and repair.If you need info to see if this can be taken apart for repair instead of replacing it let me know and I will locate more info on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete