lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

The dash indicator light is on. When I checked all the

Customer Question

The dash indicator light is on. When I checked all the lights, the tail lights ARE working (when night lights are all on - single filament in bulb is lit), BUT brake light function is not working on left / driver side (ie second brighter filament is NOT lit). So - is this an electrical / wiring problem, or a partial bulb failure. I.e. do I just need to replace the bulbs, or bring it in for electrical wiring service??
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: I have not opened up that compartment, though I'm not sure what I would be looking for when "checking" the connection or bulbs.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2005, ES 330
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was planning on trying to fix it myself. So far I have only read the manual and checked to see which functions were lit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, no history of rear end damage to the lights. All other electrical functions seem fine. The car is at about 120+ K miles.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is most likely just a bad filament in the bulb, and is veru common, have you replaced the bulb yet?