Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My Lexus gs 300 seems to be losing presure I replaced bank 2

Customer Question

My Lexus gs 300 seems to be losing presure I replaced bank 2 sensor 1 and I replaced the Catyalic converters near the manifold my car still holds back as if the transmission is bad ... can I be pulling air somewhere to make it fill like gonna stall ? Should I replace the other Catyalic converter in the rear of the car ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Beforewe begin. please advise if the check engine light (and any other lights) are illuminated on the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When i step on the gas the car moves the transmission change properly but It is revving more than it is moving..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no check engine light when changed the sensor the light went away

Ok. Thank you for the quick reply. Based on 20 years of dealership service department experience, I suspect you are on the right track regarding the transmission. Howeve, I do not think it is 'bad'; what you may have here is contaminated, dirty or some other fluid related negative condition. This causes the valves inside to the transmission to operate slower than they should, giving you your acceleration problem. Since you have no check engine lights on, paying for and replacing an expensive rear catalytic converter is not going to improve this issue. What I would recommend, before you do anything else, would be to take the car to a reputable shop that can do a complete transmission fluid flushing service. Not a 'drain and refill, but, a complete flush with a machine designed for this task ('draining the pan' leaves around 6 quarts of dirty contaminated fluid in the system; this is why I advise against it). If you have internal transmission issues (and i suspect you do), the flush should rectify the acceleration that you used to have

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you I will handle it

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have one question will the air resonator box or something to that nature cause that type of problem I ask that because my box broke on the bottom but I sealed it back together

If you have an air leak issue, you would have a check engine light on. Since the resonator is before the sensor that measures the air entering the engine, I would not think a crack in the resonator box has anything to do with your issue